Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Why is this fourm so anti-t-maxx????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is this fourm so anti-t-maxx????

Ok, I just don't get this. Everytime somebody evens mentions the t-maxx he gets flamed like the tmaxx is some sort of evil devil. I can't believe the anger that is toward the tmaxx that exists on this fourm. I have nothing against somebody putting their $0.02 in, but telling somebody that he has mental issues when he says that he likes his tmaxx is just wrong and annoying. If I just suggest to a noob that he get a t-maxx, I get flamed like I said something evil. Of couse the tmaxx isn't the best MT. No MT is the best. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

I have owned a 2.5 maxx for years. It is BONE STOCK. I have had LOTS of fun with it. My neighbor also owns a tmaxx 2.5. We have lots of fun with them. I am now selling my 2.5 maxx to help fund the new 3.3 maxx that I just bought. I have spoken to a couple guys who actually own the 4908 3.3 maxx. They all said the same thing. It is a awsome truck for the money and they have been extremely happy with it.

I have jumped it, crashed it, and bashed it. The amount of parts that I have broken are minimal. Maybe a a-arm here or there, but nothing major.

I am DONE with RCU. I can't even talk about my tmaxx without getting flamed and insulted. This is unacceptable to me.

Does anybody here feel the way I do on this?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
HarisKhoso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why is this fourm so anti-t-maxx????

Hello there,
I live in Pakistan & have recently bought 4908 T-Maxx & 5308 Revo both are 3.3. I have asked many question about both the cars but I didn't feel any one saying wrong against my T-Maxx or Revo. Buy the way I love my T-Maxx & Revo. As far as built quality is concerned along with there price tags they are the best. Best, Ya Best of the Best. Why? because no other Rc is out there with sooo beautiful looking design
Old 09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
ThermalRD

Not everyone is anti t-maxx. That truck started the craze we all have come to love. They've made fantastic improvements to that truck, and the price is very good.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM
t-maxxmaniac

i love my t-maxx i have had lots of fun with it....and it has realy hooked me into this hobby
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
rcnitrohead

Its not really that the T-maxx gets flamed, every truck has its flaws. There are Savage guys that hate Revos and vice versa. The only difference is you only focus on the T-maxx and nothing elee, take a look around and try make a point and defend your argument more maturely. In almost every post you have, you seem to talk about T-maxx and Traxxas haters, blah blah blah. Starting to sound like an emo kid, I hope these kind of silly things dont make you lay awake crying in bed at night[&:]
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
RaceCraftRC

Most people out grow a t-maxx very fast, at least here no one here races a 1/10MT, I have and love my t-maxx ( 2.5 woot) it is a great basher for me I have tryed to kill it but it won't die, but I understand that it is for goofing off , haveing fun, but not a racer, Its design is for a total noob to pic it up and have a blast ( and they will) , but it is not a competive machine in anyway. ............. BTW I <3 noobs
Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
robwiljas

I loved my T-Maxx when I first got it, so much so that I also bought an E-Maxx. I was on here the same as you defending them all the time and getting fed up with all of the haters. After upgrading both of my trucks (T-Maxx from a .15 to a full 3.3, everything but the trans was from a 3.3, chassis, engine, suspension, drivetrain, everything) I could no longer drive them without braking something. I finally decided I'd had enough so I sold them and bought all three Losi Raminators. Now I understand what everyone was talking about. I still think the Pro .15 T-Maxx is a great truck, but the T-Maxx is a very outdated design now and with the added power of the 2.5 and 3.3 they're just not strong enough. The 2.5 and 3.3 engines are a lot harder to tune than any other engines I've had as well. As for being flamed for reccomending the T-Maxx to a newbie, I'm glad you like your truck (that's all that matters in this hobby) but in my opinion a much better truck can be had for the same price or cheaper than a T-Maxx.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
rcnitrohead

Thats what I always point out Rob, my T-maxx 2.5 has soo many weak points and I've poured well over a grand into it and its still breaking, I'm going to revive it one last time with a Picco .26, but if it keeps going like it was its off to ebay.

Tom.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

I have had a t-maxx,revo and curently have a Jato.The t-maxx was a decient ride with minimal problems,the Revo was tougher for sure but still had to upgrade certain stuff.The Jato has had the most problems but with a few hop ups it's proven to be pretty tough and I like it.Traxxas get's flamed no matter what model your talking about period.If you like them great if others don't great,take what you hear with a grain of salt don't let it bother you just shrug it off.All Rc makers have good and bad ones and the first few years for traxxas were pretty much junk and people remember those days so thats part of it right there but without traxxas where would we be?They helped in starting this great hobby that we enjoy thats a fact,are they great racers no but there not intended to be.There made for newbees and most newbees don't no jack so thats alot of the bad rep there from the no nothing newbee that bashes them cause they don't no what there doing.

Most people support what they have so thats part of it aswell.Like I said don't let it bother you it's not worth it,enjoy and have fun with what you have thats the main thing HAVE FUN
Old 09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
xxSLiMxx

T-MAXX SUCKS!!! ...haha just kidding.....dosent matter where you go there is always going to be "haters". You could start a thread just about hate, and someone is going to have negitive comments about hate. Its just human nature!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't call the T-Maxx bad, but there are many better options if you ask me. You still can't beat the aftermarket support the T-maxx has though.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
IloveMYxt2

Im just not a Traxxas fan at all. Sorry [] but I wont tell people they are mentally ill or done some kind of evil if they want/own one. I always say who cares what you drive as long as it doesnt take over your life. Its just a hobby and they are toys, seriously.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
rcnitrohead

See, now that IMO is whats wierd. Its normal if a person dislikes a specific model because of its flaws and drawbacks, but disliking an entire company? Especially a major brand? I stand behind Traxxas, my T-maxx was my first R/C and I enjoyed all the moments that I wasnt chucking out broken parts. I really like how they make the hobby as easy as it is, and they are definitely a pioneer in the industry. Things like water resistant electronics, EZ start, sealed pivot balls, are the little things that make out hobby better. Then there is AE with their always great racing innovations, and Losi to be the first company to include a 2.4Ghz radio with an RTR. Every company has to have something good about it, unless its like Integy and totally sucks,

Tom.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak
Of couse the tmaxx isn't the best MT. No MT is the best. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

I have jumped it, crashed it, and bashed it. The amount of parts that I have broken are minimal. Maybe a a-arm here or there, but nothing major.

My savage has lasted through 15ft jumps, ponds, rain, fence posts and a bunch of other torturous stuff and hasn't broken a single thing.
The savage is the best...and don't combat this with Revo because imo the Revo is a truggy...
Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 PM
rcnitrohead

There is no best, its people like you
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Tmaxx and a priest came to perform an exorise on me as he walked into my garage my head was twisting around in a full circle, and i was spewing 33% top fuel nitro out of my mouth singing the praises of Traxxas!!!

All kidding aside, don't worry about what others say or think, If you like it thats all that counts. And again we have traxxas to thank for all of these other great monster trucks we have now.

Traxxas was definately inovators!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
robwiljas

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

There is no best, its people like you
Agreed.

MadManAndrew, it's only the best IN YOUR OPINION. To others Losi are the best, to others AE, etc etc etc. I'm glad you like your truck, but it's pretty rediculous IMO to come on a forum and say it's the best. Have you owned every truck there is? See in my opinion HPI sucks, and I will never buy one again, but that's just my opinion based n personal experience and really doesn't matter. Everyone needs to stop fighting about it and just enjoy what they have, whether it be Traxxas, HPI, Losi, AE, Redcat, Himoto, whatever. All that matters is that you enjoy it.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
MadManAndrew

anybody that owns a savage, and a t-maxx, and a revo and a losi will tell you they favor the savage. Its just as fast as the revo and is indestructable, so you can still drive it while waiting for parts for the others. I'v owned a revo 3.3, savage x 4.6, e-maxx, and I driven a tmaxx, and raced a lst2. Savage is by far my fav...
Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak

Ok, I just don't get this. Everytime somebody evens mentions the t-maxx he gets flamed like the tmaxx is some sort of evil devil. I can't believe the anger that is toward the tmaxx that exists on this fourm. I have nothing against somebody putting their $0.02 in, but telling somebody that he has mental issues when he says that he likes his tmaxx is just wrong and annoying. If I just suggest to a noob that he get a t-maxx, I get flamed like I said something evil. Of couse the tmaxx isn't the best MT. No MT is the best. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

I have owned a 2.5 maxx for years. It is BONE STOCK. I have had LOTS of fun with it. My neighbor also owns a tmaxx 2.5. We have lots of fun with them. I am now selling my 2.5 maxx to help fund the new 3.3 maxx that I just bought. I have spoken to a couple guys who actually own the 4908 3.3 maxx. They all said the same thing. It is a awsome truck for the money and they have been extremely happy with it.

I am DONE with RCU. I can't even talk about my tmaxx without getting flamed and insulted. This is unacceptable to me.

Does anybody here feel the way I do on this?
Dont take it personally, everyone talks crap about other trucks all the time. Losi guys will say crap about HPI Savage, Savage guys will say crap about TMaxx and Revo, Traxxas guys will say crap about Losi Muggy & LST. Its part of RC and I suspect it is actually done in jest alot of times, though there are many who are so blinded by what they have they get very offended. Yes, every truck has its flaws. For example, I love Savages. But as compared to a TMaxx, it is very heavy and not as nimble. For years, the Savage diffs were very hard to get too becuase you had to tear apart the chassis. A TMaxx has everything on a pan and there was not a need to disassemble the truck to the extent you had do disassemble the Savage.

Personally, for Traxxas trucks, I love the Revo absolutely hands down. I find that truck the best handeling production racer straing out of the box that is not heavily modded. I do not prefer the Maxx, it is an outdated design but many love it because it is the old oaktree of the nitro truck scene. As a matter of fact, the TMaxx started the nitro truck craze. It was the very first mass produced nitro truck that one could buy. Then came out other trucks like HPI Savage and Losi LST, and so forth.

I hate to say it, but TMaxx was very innovative when it hit the scenes, but today, it is outdated. Its brother, the Revo, will outrun it anyday and out race it anyday. You can make a Maxx a great racer, the options and aftermarket gear are out there, but it will not be cheap. The Revo would be the better choice, little upgrades and you have a great racer. As I always say about the Revo, it will win races, you just have to have the skills to use it to its full designs and potential.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

You could start a thread just about hate, and someone is going to have negitive comments about hate. Its just human nature!
This is the most intelligent post I read al night! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 AM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

You could start a thread just about hate, and someone is going to have negitive comments about hate. Its just human nature!
This is the most intelligent post I read al night! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 AM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I really like how they make the hobby as easy as it is, and they are definitely a pioneer in the industry. Things like water resistant electronics, EZ start, sealed pivot balls, are the little things that make out hobby better. Then there is AE with their always great racing innovations, and Losi to be the first company to include a 2.4Ghz radio with an RTR. Every company has to have something good about it, unless its like Integy and totally ROCKS.They got all the savy hop ups
Tom.
Id like to add one thing. Traxxas was the first to mass produce RTR Rc's. That's quite a big step in the RC industry...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:25 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

anybody that owns a savage, and a t-maxx, and a revo and a losi will tell you they favor the savage. Its just as fast as the revo and is indestructable, so you can still drive it while waiting for parts for the others. I'v owned a revo 3.3, savage x 4.6, e-maxx, and I driven a tmaxx, and raced a lst2. Savage is by far my fav...
Thats not true, iv owned a savage and a revo, and id take the revo over a savage any day, but what it call come down too what you plan on useing your RC for! I think most bashed would say The Savage is the best, and most racers would say the revo is the best.....like i said all depends on what its beening used for.

Your not going to take a Lambo 4x4ing, so any 4x4er would say its sucks. Same goes for useing a 4x4 to do speed racing.....im sure you see what im getting at!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

we all have different taste when it comes to our rides..ive had a big block tmaxx but i just really cant run it like the way i run my other trucks ..i really didnt like it .thermal is right tmaxx started it all.so the mt world is nothing without the tmaxx..its just some guys like me dont like it.u can find a lot of tmaxx fanatic in traxxas forum..there they ban u if u mention a different brand of truck or even talking about the one way bearing of a s-25 engine ..hehehe
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Because they suck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.