Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New monster truck purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
sleded42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New monster truck purchase

I currently own a traxxas rustler 2wd and I am thinking on a new purchase. Something in a four wheel drive. I've looked at the MGT 8.0 and the traxxas T-maxx as possible purchases. Can anyone recommend a good truck to purchase. speed is not a critical factor however, some thing that can run at 30 mph is good. Your comments please.

Ed
Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Sugafree

Default RE: New monster truck purchase

Got a price range?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:21 AM
systemlord

I would recommend a Traxxas Revo or a Savage 4.6, the Savage is a great monster truck! If I was given the choice of either a T-Maxx 3.3 or a Savage, I would choose a Savage MT. If I were to choose between a Savage or a Revo 3.3, I would choose Revo. Either choice you really can't go wrong here, both Traxxas and HPI make excellent MT.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
IL2mSturmovik

LST2 is king of MTs
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
bigairlife

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!!! GOSH!!! Well, since you didn't follow the forum guidelines and use the search feature, i would recommend a revo or a lst2. Sond get a savage. they dont handle well and they're kinda heavy. I'd personally recommend a revo.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

between the tmaxx and mgt ill take the mgt..i just like the handling of mgt..
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

LST2 is king of MTs
I've heard a lot of great stuff about the LST2, but since I have never seen one in action nor any experience with one I couldn't recommend something I know nothing about. I have heard there pretty tuff MT and fast to.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
KRO

I love my LST2 , its big , fast , and handles very good stock , and when it comes time too put in a new engine your not as limited as you are with the REVO .

Its more expensive than the others but its got a good radio and servos where the others (except the MGT 8.0) have bunk radio systems .

I have an MGT 4.6 and its chassis is the same as a MGT 8.0 , think of it as a better designed T MAXX (good but not great)

The REVO is a great truck , but like I said before you are limited in your selection of motors , but it arguably has the best handling of any 1/8th MT .
Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
power454

THe first thing you need to do is figure out how much you want to spend. Second, do you want to bash, race, or maybe even crawl? If you are going to bash then I would recommend the Savage 4.6. The truck is like a tank and very hard to break unless you are jumping houses and then well.... As for the Trash Maxx, I would stay as far away from that piece of stuff as possible. I had one and I think I could drive it for 5 to 10 minutes before something broke and then it was back to the lhs for another $50+ group of parts. Even when I would upgrade to better parts the dang thing would still find a way to break!!! The Revo is a different story! It's well built and much harder to break even when bashing. It handles better and will do almost everything the TMaxx did. So the Revo would be my second choice after the Savage for bashing. As for Racing I would go with the Revo as my first choice if you want to drive a bigger truck then say a Jato or other stadium truck size trucks. As for me, I went electric and i'm now driving a Tamiya TXT-1 which dwarfs the T Maxx and is built a hell of a lot stronger then the T Maxx but it's not as fast as the Revo or Savage. But i'm using mine for mudding/trails/ and a little crawling. Mine brand new is also double what any of the trucks I mentioned costs too! Good luck with what ever you decide!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: systemlord

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

LST2 is king of MTs
I've heard a lot of great stuff about the LST2, but since I have never seen one in action nor any experience with one I couldn't recommend something I know nothing about. I have heard there pretty tuff MT and fast to.

I researched intensly for 3 months before deciding on th eLST2.
Since I got mine and other people have seen what its capable of, and how tough it is, I have converted several Traxxas fanbois, and HPI fanbois
Trust me, get it and you will not regret it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Savage and LST bashing and racing. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43539327260786
Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
nitromonkee

The way I look at it , it does not matter. Between the Savage, or Revo, or MGT, or Lst2, there all great trucks. However if you want to race Lst2 or Revo is better.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!!! GOSH!!! Well, since you didn't follow the forum guidelines and use the search feature, i would recommend a revo or a lst2. Sond get a savage. they dont handle well and they're kinda heavy. I'd personally recommend a revo.
The forum guidelines do not mandate use of the search. That is a recommendation.

Just a tidbit