Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

RB Innovations Supercharger opinions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

RB Innovations Supercharger opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
wk4alvn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB Innovations Supercharger opinions

Thanks for the mag i have it also. (I sure would like to see that video that everyone is talking about though) Oh well it looks im not going to see it so i'll make my own when my RB innovations SC gets here on 1/26/05. I've had too many supercharged and turbo charged cars not to try this one. ( I could be wrong though) This is kinda funny because they said a turbo would not work on a rotary also and the RX-7 single turbo worked fine. It will probably be the weekend before i get to install it due to school and work. I'll post my findings first hand.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:34 AM
jkulhanek

Forced induction does work on 2 strokes.....

Years back some bikes used to race with a twin cylinder engine, yet only one cylinder was firing...the other cylinder had a massive bore piston and was used to compress air and supercharge the other cylinder...yes it was a 2 stroke...

Years back, Honda made a turbo charged 2 stroke motorcycle...terrible fuel economy saw the end of it...

I see these RB superchargers as just another hassle...more things to break/wear. Plus i don't understand how they can force compressed air through an r/c carb....you would need huge fuel pressure to make fuel actually flow into the carb, and you'd probably get a huge mess from fuel being forced out of the barrel/slide part of the carb.

If your gonna spend $180+ to supercharge your $150 engine.....pffffft
Old 01-23-2005, 11:08 AM
wishtoHB

There are many threads on this, most of which I have responded to. It is much harder to tune with this supercharger. I would agree that it would be easier to just upgrade the engine a bit with the money spent for the supercharger. I have mine because it's different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54282.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	219401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99805.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	219402  
Old 01-23-2005, 04:41 PM
fhm101

A local guy had one on his maxx and it never ran after he put it on. He now has it on his revo and it won't run either. It's already hard enough to keep our toy car engiens in the zone with a simple carburetor, why make it even harder with a complicated induction system when you can simply put in a more powerful engine.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:02 PM
e-normus-1

Has anyone tried RB Innovations' Hyper Valve System? They say it " Boosts fuel pressure for faster engine response, increased power off the line and more punch through the turns.
Stabilizes a higher fuel cell pressure as engine RPM and exhaust pressure change throughout the toughest track" What about their Cyclone Cold Air Intake, the one with the 90 degree elbow?