Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Battery pack

Old 05-28-2003, 12:04 AM
badchev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery pack

I am running a 5 cell pack in my MP and wondering if 7.5 volts is too much for my reciever. I am using a futaba reiciever. Also why do people use heavy oil in the front diff and lighter in the rear, as you accelerate you front tires lift a bit so would it not make more sense to run heavy oil in the rear and lighter in the front as the tires are grabbing more on the rear?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 06:39 AM
ManicMechanic

Default Battery pack

I could do with knowing about the battery pack thing. I submitted a similar thread and unstable said that 7.2v would cook the rx. Personally I would like to try as more volts=more power not so necessary for the rx, but if the servo's can get more juice then thats a good thing right?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Caesarsalad
My Feedback: (51)

Default Battery pack

Don't forget the $$ from the insurance you supouse to send for the broken plane I receive in trade for the monster truck.I'm still waiting.I'm still have the broken plane .At least answer the several emails I send to you .Be a man buddy .
Old 06-10-2003, 08:33 PM
whitexj
My Feedback: (1)

Default Battery pack

Yes it will cook the rx. Remember it has to ge tthe power to send out. On ebay there are some great 6volt 5cell 1800 nimh packs. They are only like 20 bucks or so and one guy at our track gets 94mins. Thats a whole lot of driving, and at that price you could get 2.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:47 PM
t!mothy

Default Battery pack

Can anyone find me a suitable battery-pack for my mad force? I need a 5cell hump pack to replace the poor 4,8V pack, but all i seem to find on towerhobbies is only for micro rs4....