RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

anyone have a Dirt Demon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Justintoxicated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a Dirt Demon?

Local hobby shop selling for 450$.
How is this truck compared to the savage? This truck seems to come with everything you need at a fraction more than the savage. So how is it? Faster/slower, durable?

should i go get one they just got them today
Old 05-28-2003, 01:39 AM
Cal-Torque

Default Dude...

It's almost identical to the TQ that you could have bought for $275... Get off the pot already! LOL
Old 05-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Justintoxicated

Default Re: Dude...

Originally posted by Cal-Torque
It's almost identical to the TQ that you could have bought for $275... Get off the pot already! LOL
yea i missed that deal, i also dislocated my shoulder...

This thing was huge and comes with a .26 stock though and has a manual2 speed transmition too. I like the shocks on it, but im not sure if it would be as fun as a savage. It would be fun to hit a T-maxx in though!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Justintoxicated

so no1 has 1?

my LHS is the only place that has them in stock or what?

The only thing I see that may be worsethan the savage is that it weighs more.

It comes with a .26 stock, aluminum body aluminum shocks reverse. its much bigger thant he savage, and looks to be more durable. It also comes with everything needed to start unlik the savage. Im really tempted to buy one. I need some feedback I have been using google for hours and I havent found anything! is my LHS the only place that has them in stock??????
Old 05-28-2003, 04:30 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

go for it and leave feedback! I heard it might even be bigger than the Terra Crusher!! can you give visual confirmation on that one?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Justintoxicated

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
go for it and leave feedback! I heard it might even be bigger than the Terra Crusher!! can you give visual confirmation on that one?
they don't sell the crusher but it is the bigest truck i have ever sceen. also weighed ALOT more than the savage. im afraid to buy one cause i know nothing about it ...

Basicaly it has Picco .26
aluminum everything, shock towers and shocks were aluminum. Tires are HUGE! 7 inch tires i believe. but then i could not sue paddles @ glamis (which definately sucks)

seems very well built, im just afraid they made it too heavy...It looked pretty sweet but i need more info before i toss $450 on the table!
Old 05-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Cal-Torque

Default No...

It isn't a Picco 26. If you look a bit further on the forums, you'll see that it's a 4 port .26; the Ofna/Picco is 7 port. Also, HB has not released any specs on this motor; the Ofna/Picco is 2.7hp at 38000 rpms (claimed).
I'm tempted to get this truck too, but I haven't seen a comprehensive review. I think that everyone is taking the wait and see approach to this truck. I would speculate that it's not selling well since prices are dropping... $450 is pretty good though...go for it, and post a review for everyone. The Savage/TMaxx are sure bets though. The DD is a big question mark at this time. I hate to see you get it, and be turned off on the hobby because it's a junker.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:03 AM
fourwheeler

The Dirt Demon just does not impress me.I personnaly am waiting for Associated to get the ball rolling and launch the Monster GT.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:05 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by fourwheeler
The Dirt Demon just does not impress me.I personnaly am waiting for Associated to get the ball rolling and launch the Monster GT.
the MGT looks like a big piece of plastic junk IMO.. AE Has never impressed me with any vehicle they have ever made except the B4, and thats just because losi hasnt made a follow up to the XXX buggy.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:23 AM
Justintoxicated

I bought the savage, savage-central has a video of them both running, but it didn't matter i don't see any paddle tires for the DD so i got the savage, paddles are the only way to go in the sand dunes, and like you said the savage is definately more of a gaurantee.

I wish one of my friends would try it though, it looks tuffer than my thunder king!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:32 AM
badboy2

so justin did you get the savage yet..?DD is like TQ and the way they have that george foreman grill looking bumper ..it looks weak i dunno but to me it really looks weak..according to my lhs its only an upgraded TQ with 26 engine and aluminum shocks..+ the george foreman grill.lol
Old 05-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Justintoxicated

The savage should get here next week

here is the dd video
http://members.aol.com/toungbath/rc/raceday3/hbdd.wmv
Old 05-29-2003, 10:02 PM

I cant see the vid. I have a Mac and the latest version for macs avaliable of Windows Media player, but when i open the video the screen stays black. I can hear the audio, just n video. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Justintoxicated

you just need the new media player, I upgraded from 7 to 9 and the picture appeared..

Guess thats what you get for owning a MAC :P heh

I mean expect problems trying to run microsoft products on a non microsoft machine! How do you think Bill gates makes all his money
Old 05-29-2003, 11:56 PM
caseyddr

seems horribly slwo but i like the size of it, looks like it can handle well.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:30 AM
fourwheeler

The truck seems to lack acceleration but other than that looks good. I don't care for the color combination but I figure that a new body and perhaps a tuned pipe will fix these 2 problems.