Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
kyle 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Truck

I am new to the hobby and I have been looking at some trucks but can not think of which one to buy. The ones I am thinking about are the T-Maxx 3.3 (4908), Revo 3.3 (5308), Savage X 4.6, or the MGT 8.0. I am looking at both racing and bashing but not too too crazy of bashing. Which would be the best? Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best Truck

The revo is the best for racing still good for bashing, it can take a beating. My bro has one, I drive it sometimes and it is one tough SOB. I have a T-Maxx, if you want to do any racing at all, dont buy a T-Maxx, the T-Maxx is a great truck to bash with super strong, But it is way to big to race with...

For what it sounds like you want to do I would get a Revo...

Good luck with your decision!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I can tell u that the revo 3.3 is definitely a very capable basher and can take quite a bit of abuse. I can tell u this because I have a revo 3.3 and I love it!!!. I have thrown the book at this truck and so far the only thing that has bent, or has gotten broken, etc.; is I have bent one of the rocker arms/rods; but other than that I am still on the original parts with about 2 gallons on them. Now, as for the savage; Ive never personally owned one; but do know people that have owned one and I can tell ya that the savage is also one heck of a durable as nails truck that is very capable of bashing. It has a metal/steel "support" type frame that can withstand from what Ive seen quite a bit of abuse. Overall I would say the savage is also one heck of a good choice. As for the others; I don't know much about the MGT; as I have seen it in a store(s); but never have seen it run before on a track or anything like that so I can't really say anything about this one. As for which choice overall I would say is the best; I would say overall that imo the revo 3.3 is ur best choice and not because I own one; but more because it seems to me that it has the best overall combination of bashing and/or racing abilities as well as being very capable in off-road driving....just my .02 here....good luck with whatever u decide to do. [8D]
Old 11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

of that list, the revo is best for racing, I've heard good things about bashing the MGT...
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
dkastil

The revo will be your best choice and there are tons of hopups and cheep parts if you break on ebay in the many revo chop shops and most LHS carry alot of traxxas parts , and the revo is built like a tank but also runs well on any surface or track with all the setup options .
Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
kyle 9

alright thank you. I was probably goin to pick the revo bt its just soo hard to chose. it seems like there are so many good choices... Wut do u thik the best truck is that has the normal suspension (not the internal shocks like the revo)
Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
racemaxx24

Well since your in the Traxxas forums, i'd say everyone is gonna say the T-Maxx but I think IMO that the Savage handles a wee bit better than the T.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
kyle 9

Thank you and thats what I thought but oh well. would i have to upgrade the savge alot to get it race worthy or should i just get the revo. The revo is nice but I kinda like the original suspension look a bit better, but I am starting to like the Revo suspension .
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Mule5292

yea stick with the revo you wont be disappointed
Old 11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
racemaxx24

I had a T-Maxx at first which most of the older members will tell ya. Then I bought a REVO. U will NOT be disapointed![8D]
Old 11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
kyle 9

Alright thank you this helps so much
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kyle 9

Thank you and thats what I thought but oh well. would i have to upgrade the savge alot to get it race worthy or should i just get the revo. The revo is nice but I kinda like the original suspension look a bit better, but I am starting to like the Revo suspension .
U should just get the revo definitely, And Im not just saying that because I have one as well. Im saying that more because the revo is overall both a very capable racer and a very capable basher as well....
Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM
jdeadman

I will have to disagree with the rest here and say that I have 4 maxxes and a friend has a revo and when we go out the maxx always comes home running but the revo rarely makes it till the end.

Just personal experience and these are stock to tock comaprrisons
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Anomie

Relocated from >> RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more >> RC Monster Trucks >> Traxxas Monster Truck forum

Since the OP is asking about multiple manufacturers, the thread is more appropriate here.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: jdeadman

I will have to disagree with the rest here and say that I have 4 maxxes and a friend has a revo and when we go out the maxx always comes home running but the revo rarely makes it till the end.

Just personal experience and these are stock to tock comaprrisons
See I have found the REVO t obe more reliable and bash better... IDK lol
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I am new to the hobby and I have been looking at some trucks but can not think of which one to buy. The ones I am thinking about are the T-Maxx 3.3 (4908), Revo 3.3 (5308), Savage X 4.6, or the MGT 8.0. I am looking at both racing and bashing but not too too crazy of bashing. Which would be the best? Thanks
Yes, the Revo is your best bet. It can race, very well at that, and it i also durable as well. On teh track, and with teh right hop-ups, engine, and suspension/chassis tuning, the Revo realy shines. The only thing you will need to make it a beast on teh track is teh skills to use all the Revo's race pedigree. Between Traxxas Revo and T-Maxx, I say do not skimp.The T-Max is more than $100 cheaper, but I strongly suggest you save up the additional $100-$125 and buy the Revo 3.3.

Now others will also say the LST2 is a good basher and racer, and yes, I agree with them. It too is a good all around truck, but it is more of a balance between bash and race.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yes, the Revo is your best bet. It can race, very well at that, and it i also durable as well. On teh track, and with teh right hop-ups, engine, and suspension/chassis tuning, the Revo realy shines. The only thing you will need to make it a beast on teh track is teh skills to use all the Revo's race pedigree. Between Traxxas Revo and T-Maxx, I say do not skimp.The T-Max is more than $100 cheaper, but I strongly suggest you save up the additional $100-$125 and buy the Revo 3.3.

Now others will also say the LST2 is a good basher and racer, and yes, I agree with them. It too is a good all around truck, but it is more of a balance between bash and race.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 AM
kyle 9

yes thats what i thought and i link the lst2 is a little bit expensive. Wouldn't it bebetter to just get the revo and spend the rest or the money on hop-ups instead of getting the lst2?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Snaut Rocket

you get much better radio and i think parts quality with the lst2.
And its not that much more.
were are you buying from.
What ever choose you will be happy with.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
derrick05

Figure out if youre one of the guys that enjoy working on your truck every day or would you rather have it on the track sometimes.You also need to consider durability because no matter how well a truck handles or how fast it is,it aint worth a flip if it stays broke all the time.Dont just listen to 1 or 2 people here because you may only get biased opinions.What I mean by that is,if a guy owns a T-MAXX and thats his favorite truck,hes not going to tell you to get a Savage.In his eyes the T-MAXX can do no wrong,no matter how horrible it is.Be carefull of that because it happens ALOT on this website.Study the forums and get several experiences on a truck before you purchase.Listen to the good and bad points.Find out the well known problems of a particular vehicle.Dont buy it just because it will do a wheelie for 100ft.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:49 PM
kyle 9

alright thank you... and ya i still have a while to buy a truck because i think im gunna wait till next season for racing soo i can talk to the racersand see what trucks they have soo then if i have any problems i am goin to ask them.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 PM
kyle 9

out of all these trucks which one do u think is the fastest and best acceleration out of the box.
and which one would be the fastest with hop ups?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Savage_Dias

Congratulations & welcome to the wonderful world of R/C!

You've come to the right place since you're looking for info on repairable & upgradeable remote controlled vehicles. You'll find more information in here than you'll ever need.

This type of comparison thread pops up in every forum at least once a week. Feel free to read as many threads as you would like! You'll find everything from Product X is junk to Product X is the best thing since sliced bread.

When you finally make the big decision make sure you are getting what you want & not what seems to be the popular vehicle or the slightly cheaper alternative. Make sure to stay within your budget & keep in mind that you will need to make repairs on anything you drive. Everything will break & wear out parts.

Here's my opinion on the vehicles you're looking at...

TMaxx... Good truck in it's day. Plenty of power & light which made it easy to break.
Revo... I have one. Probably the worst r/c purchase I've ever made. Underpowered, fragile a arms, don't want reverse, batteries drain when the switch is off, motor is a pain to keep in tune. Don't like the design enough to put money into it to try to make it a decent truck.
Savage... I have the original. I probably have about a grand in mine. It's the toughest R/C I've ever owned. 90% of the parts that I've had to replace have been due to wearing them out. I still have the original engine. It was still popping wheelies when I took it out of the truck 3 years ago.
MGT... I don't have any personal experience with it but from what I've read they're lightweight with plenty of power. Owners seem happy with them.

Check out videos on Youtube. Just search for whatever truck you're thinking about & you'll find something to watch. Keep in mind that a lot of the videos will have modded trucks.

Have fun looking & let us know what you end up getting!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

savage all the way. it may not be a good racer stock, but with a few upgrades (maybe $100 worth) you can have one heck of a racer.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: scarletboa

savage all the way. it may not be a good racer stock, but with a few upgrades (maybe $100 worth) you can have one heck of a racer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.