Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage tuning help

Old 05-29-2003, 06:20 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage tuning help

i tried adjusting the hsn and lsn nothing changes ..i remember my lhs adjusted the msn..do i need to touch it too then?cuz what ever i am doin its not helping ..it came back to were its hard to start and wont idle long..when i broght it to my lhs..he tuned it but then my rdlogics pipe came in the next day..it started to not start right away again ..does the hsn and lsn should have the same adjustments like if my hsn is 3 1/2turns out should i do same with lsn or i can put my lsn like 3turns or 2 1/2 turns,can u pls help i spent 50 bucks past 3 days ..1st tune up 10 bucks then my screw set on tranny were loose so i brought it again to be fixed..30bucks + 5tip for each visit..i cant do my tuning right..how can i succesfully do it..
Old 05-30-2003, 11:17 AM
eletrick
My Feedback: (1)

LSN low speed needle
hsn high speed needle
Idle screw

Now what is this other screw your abbreviating?

First, my hsn is at 4 turns out (I'm in New Orleans, yours should be further out, a good bit further). Make sure your hsn is set first, make sure your transmitter doesn't mess with the engine idle.
And when setting the lsn, make sure the idle screw is far enough out to keep it running. Also when you start your engine the first run of the day, loosen the plug and start it, this makes it way easy to start, leave the igniter on it till its warm!

CYA
Old 05-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Rex2342

The Savage has a 3 needle carb.The mid range needle should stay where the factory put it witch is flush,the HSN should be backed out 3 1/2 turns and the LSN should be flush also.Then try to start it and tune it .Adjust the HSN first and then do the low.If the truck won't start try leaning the LSN 1/8 turn until it starts then tune the HSN until it runs good at full speed then adjust the low speed for acceleration.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
eletrick

I have never played with that needle. So I guess thats why I didn't know what he was talking about. Mine's never been touched!
Old 05-30-2003, 05:52 PM
badboy2

how come the guy at my lhs turned that needle (mid range needle) i didnt stop him cuz i know he knows what he is doing...anyways i tried to tune it but when its idling its sounds like it wanna stall then come back up it kept on doin that for like 3x then it stalled..and mine is hrd to start after you run it (when the engine is hot) i have to wait for it to cool down..i never had the chance to restart cuz the old lady next to my apartment came out cuz of the noise..
Old 05-30-2003, 06:10 PM
cemeb4dk

I hope its not your engine. My savge did the same thing and it was the piston and sleeve hardly any compression. I didn't even have a gallon thru it it was only 3 weeks old. So now I have a piico .26 ordered.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:26 PM
badboy2

mine still have strong compression its just the tuning that i cant get right ...
Old 05-30-2003, 06:52 PM
eletrick

The savage's do not like to start when hot. Let it cool off. Go back to the factory settings, and start there.

RN

Originally posted by badboy2
mine still have strong compression its just the tuning that i cant get right ...