Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to monster trucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:38 PM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to monster trucks

I'm a plane guy, a glow trainer. I have always been interested in nitro trucks, but couldn't afford it, now that I'm in high school witha part time job, I can save some money for truck, what is a good RTR , cheap truck that can take some abuse, Here is a question that will show that I'm a noob, what is bashing, is it I think it is, jumping and running in the dirt? and what is a truggies, I think I spelled it right, it sounds like its buggy and truck combined.

thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 01:46 AM
dacaur

Default RE: New to monster trucks

Bashing is any time you drive just for fun (not racing)

Yes a truggy is a cross between a truck and a buggy. They are normaly 1/8 scale It is always on a buggy style flat chassis with all components on top of the chassis. Its single speed, with no reverse and has a center diff. They were originally built just for racing to take on monster trucks, which they did with so much success that they were moved into their own class, because a monster truck just cant compete with them on the track (thats the key, on the track), They are not great for bashing, since they cant handle the gnarly terrain a monster truck can due to lower ground clearance, softer suspension, and the center diff.

A monster truck has the diffs located below the chassis (truggy has them on top) so ends up with lots more ground clearance. They lack a center diff (no center diff = better for bashing).

You can get RTR cheap trucks, but they cant take much abuse... better to get a decent used truck. A t-maxx or a Savage will be the best option... both are really tough, (though savage fans like to dump on the T-maxx every chance they get) and just all around great bashers.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
[email protected]

cheap fun trucks are the monster MGT, losi aftershock and the savage X all are around or under $400.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM
fly boy2

thanks, I'll go to the buy and sell and see what I can find
Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
MadManAndrew

savage x is best basher on the market, AND I SAID BEST *BASHER*. It's not really good for anything else STOCK. Now, with some mods it can make a good track truck too. Anyways, for proof, over 50% of threads about the tMaxx are about owners hating on it cuz it breaks all the time...Savage, maybe 1 out of every 200 owners complain, and in the end after some tips from experienced owners, they're all happy...Go for a Savage X, you'll like it btter then the XL.