Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mini MGT durability? raceable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Racing T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini MGT durability? raceable?

Hi, Im considering getting the Mini Mgt for racing in the production monster truck class just for fun, Im I crazy? LOL, I currently race truggys at my local track, and I will continue to do so, but I want something extra for next year.

So have anyone here has ever raced one?? Is it durable? I would want to use the same tires I use on my 8ight-t so that would be 17mm, I found [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-GT-3-0-Mini-MGT-17MM-x-1-0-Wheel-Extensions_W0QQitemZ390007901326QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item39000790 1326&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18]THIS[/link] have anyone used them? do they work?? I ask because it appears that the wheels are hold by a screw, I could be wrong tho.
if anyone have one, plese tell me how well it handles? Its just for fun, and to race in another class besides truggy so I know off course the guys with revos platinum if they can drive, they will kick my arse, but that doesnt worry me too much.
what mods do I need?
Im I completly nutz and is a waste of money and time? LOL

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Default RE: Mini MGT durability? raceable?

I have seen someone take the diffs out of a MMGT, and it's impossible! Maintaining those will be a pain unless you have a drill, there must be 20 screws per diff!!!

After some initial adjustments to the diffs, it may be a good racer. I'm not so sure though... Upgrade the shocks with FT shock caps, FOC, and it should be decent.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
chaserogesr14

get different tires 4 sure ive been basically bashing at my track(its usually dusty) and it spins all over the place. And you might want it to shift earlier
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Racing T

thanks for the responses!! no one here have raced one?