* .15ci - 2.5cc
* .18ci - 3.0cc
* .21ci - 3.5cc
* .25ci - 4.1cc
* .27ci - 4.4cc
* .32ci - 5.2cc
* .36ci - 5.9cc
* .46ci - 7.5cc

Is that the physical size of the engine or it's the power it produces?? Also, what does big block means?

Will a .21ci engine fit on a car that uses .18ci engine?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Size??

it's the size of the engine and I think any thing over .21 is a big block. I not sure but the revo 3.3 is like a .20 but not a big block. I think the os tz .18 turbo will run better then most .21 engines in the same price range. I don't have one myself but saw one in a revo and was like OMG that hauls butt. only point I'm trying to make is that it's not the size only that makes a good engine but a lot of other factors as well and don't just look at the number . you can swap to a bigger engine but might have to make some changes. revo has a big block install kit but you don't need it to be honest there are some great .18 engines out. I have a cen fun factor and run a .18 os cv-r and that is the only small block engine in a rc truck I have all the others are big blocks and the best engine I have is the lrp spec 3 .28. big block is just a term for a engine with a bigger stroke.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
dacaur

+1. "there is no replacement for displacement" does not apply to these engines as much as "more money=more power"... A high end .12 can make as much power as a low end .21. A high end .21 will make the same power as a low end .28... etc etc. That's a good and bad thing. Good because a $120 .28 makes the same power as a $300 .21.... Bad because the .28 uses more fuel to make the same power....

Most .21 and up engines will fit the same mount, but <.21 and >.21 generally use different mounts. there are exceptions, but in general, you will need a big block engine mount to replace a .18 with a .21.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 PM
MadManAndrew

the .21 and .18 and .28 is not the size or anything, it's the amount of displacement in the crank case...( How much fuel the crank case holds )
and as they said over .21 is a big block...block being the crank case...

Your Welcome
Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apples to oranges completely. Each displacement has a certain balance of horsepower, RPM, and torque. With the smaller sizes, you will usually find less HP and torque, but RPM's screaming through the roof. As you go higher in size, you will mostly see monster torque with significantly lower RPM's. Everything depends on the application of the engine, and the type of vehicle it will go into. Engines may be modified to perform exceptionally well while still in their displacement size, but stock for stock a certain displacement engine is no *better* or will almost always not make more power than another size.

MMA- How the heck do you say that .21 .18 and .28 is not the size of anything?

Dude, these are all cubic centimeter measurements which measure the *volume* of the cylinder. Engines are also measured in cubic inches where an .18cc is a 3.0CI and a .28cc is a 4.6CI.

Tom.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

the .21 and .18 and .28 is not the size or anything, it's the amount of displacement in the crank case...( How much fuel the crank case holds )
and as they said over .21 is a big block...block being the crank case...

Your Welcome
First off, displacement is NOT a measure of "How much fuel the crank case holds" (that would be a meaningless measurement, since the crankcase is NEVER totaly filled with fuel, it wouldnt even be able to turn over if it were). Its a measure if the maximum volume inside the cylinder (or cylinders) of an engine.

And second, yes, ".21 and .18 and .28" IS the size of the engine. a .21 is an engine with a displacement of .21 cubic inches., a .18 would have a displacement of .18 cubic inches, etc, etc

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Dude, these are all cubic centimeter measurements which measure the *volume* of the cylinder. Engines are also measured in cubic inches where an .18cc is a 3.0CI and a .28cc is a 4.6CI.
You mean a .18 is .18 cubic inches or 3.0 cubic centimeter, .28CI is 4.6CC...
Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah dangit, I had to type so fast. Thanks for the correction[8D]