Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Does T-Maxx have a secondary starting method?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Does T-Maxx have a secondary starting method?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 03:56 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does T-Maxx have a secondary starting method?

I'm buying either a T-Maxx or Savage. The T-Maxx electric start looks cool but is there any other way to start it if the electric starter fails?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:00 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

nope

its either ez-start or pull start but not both. they both bolt onto the engine in the same place, so you'd have to remove one to use the other.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Dr. Krass

I have almost a gallon through my T-MaxX, and the Ez starter has never failed. But you can always pick up a good old fashioned recoil pull-starter from your lhs or online for like 17 bucks, and then you'll probably also need a glow starter to heat the glow plug.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:16 AM
catboater

Default Thanks guys

Appreciate the info. I'm really torn on which one to go with, T-Maxx or Savage. Read the threads here and you'll get bashings on both sides. I've got an E-Maxx and am really pleased with it but all the negative comments on the 2.5 engine have got me concerned.
What's your opinions?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:23 AM
Dr. Krass

Seriously, my 2.5 has been great. Un-denyable Powerful, very responsive, and it runs great. Right after break in, the 2.5 would drop to a really low idle, and then want to stall after high speed runs, but that problem went away with time and some more fine tuning. And the truck itself is amazing. As long as your not an idiot with the controls...the truck is quite durable. I'd definatley recommend the T-MaxX to you.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:25 AM
catboater

Default YES!!!

That's what I wanted to hear.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default I am sure you would be happy with either one!

The ez-start system is great for newbies but, tuning the 2.5 may not be! The Savage has some issues as well but, also a good truck. I personaly think the best starter truck is the Traxxas Stampede because it has the ez-start,TRX .15 and easy to work on with a lot of power and plenty of hop-up's!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:17 PM
maxxdaddy74

Go with the T-Maxx and sell the @.5 as new on Ebay. I'm sure you could get a decent engine to replace it. If not the Sirio (179.99) maybe the O.S. (149.99) I personally have the Sirio and I love it. Starts on the first push of the E-Z start as long as you use a separate glow plug heater.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:28 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Default Re: Thanks guys

Originally posted by catboatr
Appreciate the info. I'm really torn on which one to go with, T-Maxx or Savage. Read the threads here and you'll get bashings on both sides. I've got an E-Maxx and am really pleased with it but all the negative comments on the 2.5 engine have got me concerned.
What's your opinions?
I was in the same position Friday night. I wanted either the Savage or T Maxx and here is how I decided.

I wanted the 2 speed. I wanted the reverse. I wanted the electric start. I wanted the extra height.

I did not want to buy a truck only to have to shell out more to put that stuff on.

I went with a T MAxx.

Bottom line, do your homework, figure out what you will need the most and where you want to sacrifice, and buy. Each person drives in a different place so buy for where you are gonna drive it.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
catboater

Default Us too

We went with the T-Maxx too for all the same reasons. We were lucky to find one on the net for $399. Everyone except Stormer was out of stock.