Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dale's tribute to classic monster trucks (no 56k)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dale's tribute to classic monster trucks (no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 PM
R/C Lightweight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dale's tribute to classic monster trucks (no 56k)

I have an old 2WD-4WS Royal Crusher that I run once in a while. It still looks new. I believe I got it for Christmas in 1989 or 1990. Although not as popular as the trucks listed above, it still gives me my nostalgia fix. Great to see these old RC Monsters again Dale!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 AM
rhylsadar

wow!! super nice collection!
the big bear was my first "real" rc model. unfortunately i sold it many years ago like most of my oldschool cars. i regret it badly now. i remember the catalogs where those mts were all the rage...especially the corvette.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
dust75

hi all
hope just dont mind me posting this here
i dont know if anyone reads this thread but there is a big brute on ebay now have a look it seems real cheap
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
studysession

Nice collection!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 PM
ntrain42

You know I can appreciate seeing pictures and youtube vids on these old MT's, but IMO they ain't worth a penny and are worthless to run. I myself had a Blackfoot,Clodbuster and a few other old MT's from back in the 80's, but the design on em was piss poor, and they were pure money pits, trying to upgrade em to the point where you could run em, more than the need to fix em. You can go to Toys R Us now and buy a better built, better functioning MT. For those with the extra cash to spend on these old relics and display em is cool in a nostalgic way, and I can appreciate people who have the money to do that, but its something I would never do. Id rather take that money and upgrade what I have or buy something new.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

You know I can appreciate seeing pictures and youtube vids on these old MT's, but IMO they ain't worth a penny and are worthless to run. I myself had a Blackfoot,Clodbuster and a few other old MT's from back in the 80's, but the design on em was piss poor, and they were pure money pits, trying to upgrade em to the point where you could run em, more than the need to fix em. You can go to Toys R Us now and buy a better built, better functioning MT. For those with the extra cash to spend on these old relics and display em is cool in a nostalgic way, and I can appreciate people who have the money to do that, but its something I would never do. Id rather take that money and upgrade what I have or buy something new.
your missing the point, it has nothing to due with durability....[&:]
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: steed2

your missing the point, it has nothing to due with durability....[&:]
No, Im not missing the point at all. I know some people consider these "collectable" items. I can appreciate that. I sure wouldn't invest a dime in em though. Again fun and nostalgic to see pics and vids of em, but Id never waste another penny on em.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dale,

GREAT collection.. !! Very cool.. hope you keep this up and continue to add more to your stash.. !!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
slimwadey

Hey Dale Fantastic Thread
I have owned lots of old MT's

If you are still looking for old Kyosho and Tamiya trucks then check out this guy on ebay stores.ebay.co.uk/MODEL-R-C-MEETING/RADIO-CONTROL-/_i.html

Regards
Steve
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

You can go to Toys R Us now and buy a better built, better functioning MT.
Ill have to disagree with you on that. The clodbusters stock chassis sucks IMO, but a nice chassis and 4 link setup and it is very capable and durable. The blackfoot was also a great truck IMO, even if it did need some upgrades.

This thread takes me back to when I bought my stampede in kit form around 8-9 years ago. I can remember being SO excited to get that box of parts and man i loved that truck. Wish I had kept it just because i was the one that built it, and it was so good to me.

This thread makes me want a blackfoot to build though. Never had a tamiya, but i always liked the blackfoot.

Eric
Old 03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

You can go to Toys R Us now and buy a better built, better functioning MT.
Ill have to disagree with you on that. The clodbusters stock chassis sucks IMO, but a nice chassis and 4 link setup and it is very capable and durable. The blackfoot was also a great truck IMO, even if it did need some upgrades.

This thread takes me back to when I bought my stampede in kit form around 8-9 years ago. I can remember being SO excited to get that box of parts and man i loved that truck. Wish I had kept it just because i was the one that built it, and it was so good to me.

This thread makes me want a blackfoot to build though. Never had a tamiya, but i always liked the blackfoot.

Eric
The chassis on em all was poor. The Blackfoot/MB (AKA "the frog" with big honkin tires)were atrocious. Being a former Blackfoot owner, I would never go down the money I threw into that vehicle just to make it reliable. Those hex dogbones and transmissions were absolutely terrible. I won't even go into the suspension, LOL!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
studysession

sorry but I had to delete the link to EBAY