Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Awesome Bash Session... NYC Savage/Revo No 56K!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Awesome Bash Session... NYC Savage/Revo No 56K!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awesome Bash Session... NYC Savage/Revo No 56K!

Hi all, pics from 2 sundays ago (11/23/08). This was in a state park with AriancioC5, another member here. We had tons of fun, and my bro got lots of nice pics with his shiny new Nikon D90. So anyways, here goes!

Green monster Ariancio managed to ram his pit box at WOT with his Revo and everything was scattered within a 25ft radius, not including his fuel jug which got blasted out 50ft+ away

Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
rcnitrohead

Default RE: Awesome Bash Session... NYC Savage/Revo No 56K!

Continuation:

Green Monster again lol

Damage:

Encore after wrapping it up:

I'm the douche in the black jacket, Ariancio wishes to be known as the green monster[8D].

Broken parts list:

Revo- Broken upper and lower arms, courtesy of me hitting it with the Savage at 10mph.

Savage- Broken upper/lower arms, broken CF turnbuckle and hingepin, 4 bent screws.

============

Tons of fun!

Tom.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
amf66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pictures! Wow! I've never seen tires balloon like the ones on the Savage! Now you just need to get some video!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some sweet pics. Were is that again? Right over in Brooklyn? Nice F430 sighting.[8D] I should take a dive up there one day nd bash with you guys. My sister lives just over in sunny side queens.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
rcnitrohead

Thanks, yes I told my bro to get us some vids but his fingers were too cold. Yep Venom, Floyd Bennet Field Brooklyn, close to Queens. When you can, head down here man! The more, the merrier[>:]. Hehe, my tires always balloon like that, its cause I run 10K diff oil which unloads too easily, and the combo of me doing side wheelies half the time

Tom.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
NitroVenom

It'll have to be either snowing very hard, or pretty warm out for me to go bashing during the winter. But I can make an exception. So did you drag race the revo? Your only like an hour away(mostly because of stupid traffic[:@]) so driving down here won't be that hard. What are you doin around early january? I don't start college back up until like Jan 25 once I finish up this semester.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
rcnitrohead

Yeah, both of our cars were kind of whacked out in the tuning department. I ran mine on the rich side, and Ariancio's was all over the place, his idle was kind of funky too. Off the line, his center diff kicks in and gets me for the first 40 or so feet, but my fat brick runs him down on the top end I think. We need a proper re-match when both of our cars are tuned accordingly. I mostly took my frustration out on the mulch pile as you saw. Well, I'm busy all the friggin time, school/work/volunteering and whatever else comes my way. I don't know my work schedule farther out than 2 days ahead, so everything is a toss up. I'm sure all of us can set something up during that time, on a snowy day with tons of sleet[>:].

Tom.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

NIce shots there, like the ballooning
Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Yeah, both of our cars were kind of whacked out in the tuning department. I ran mine on the rich side, and Ariancio's was all over the place, his idle was kind of funky too. Off the line, his center diff kicks in and gets me for the first 40 or so feet, but my fat brick runs him down on the top end I think. We need a proper re-match when both of our cars are tuned accordingly. I mostly took my frustration out on the mulch pile as you saw. Well, I'm busy all the friggin time, school/work/volunteering and whatever else comes my way. I don't know my work schedule farther out than 2 days ahead, so everything is a toss up. I'm sure all of us can set something up during that time, on a snowy day with tons of sleet[>:].

Tom.
pics turned out good........my wife uses a D90 didnt even notice the exat camera he had. She is photog.

Now about that drag race........ the Revo off the line was way quicker. After about 40 feet or so the savage was up the Revos ass BUT the revo wasnt going anywhere

Stock trx 3.3 vs .30!!! sts ..... 9 pounds vs 11 pounds. I'd say the Revo that couldnt keep a tune for 5 seconds did well A 40-50 mph Savage is impressive given the weight and what it is designed for.

With that said to all who dont know, I'm also a savage XL owner so dont start with the revo/savy war.

We can get back to that war when I finish my 6 foot ramp and see how they fly

Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

that airfield is also used for the 1\8 GTraces am i right?nice pix
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 AM
ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: badboy2

that airfield is also used for the 1\8 GTraces am i right?nice pix
yep we will be there this summer
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i might try to go there next year too.just need to practice ..the GT'S are too fast for me.i tend to drive it like im driving a truck.i always feel like its gonna roll when i make turns..
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM
rcnitrohead

lol badboy, hopefully we will take the plunge and join the IGT class. Ariancio is too competetive and I just want something new to drive[8D]. They are fairly popular here, and should to well on our cracked and crappy roads.

Tom.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
matts6887

Looks like some sweet pics and looks like u guys had a ton o fun there!!!! [8D]