Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

GPM international sales, and the Big JOES

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GPM international sales, and the Big JOES

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Big Ted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPM international sales, and the Big JOES

Does anyone know of a store that stocks gpm stuff and ships internationally?

Broke the pully start on the 21bb and went to order the rotostart only to find it's not in australia yet. So I thought I'd try and get everything I need at once to keep shipping costs down.

On another note? what are the proline 40's like on the savage with the big joes? I can't decide.. either them or the gpm aluminium wheels... mmm

Cheers Ted
Old 06-04-2003, 02:27 AM
Rex2342

Alloy rims look nice but they might bend if you jump allot.The big joes are sweet they did slow the truck down a bit but they grip so good and the low profile tires help keep the truck from rolling over in tight turns.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Big Ted

thanks.. I was going to get the alloy rims cause I rounded out my stock ones. I thought that might happen on all plastic ones...

I guess I should try the big joes then. I'll need replacement hex hubs though... no point putting new wheels on worn drivers.

Ted
Old 06-04-2003, 02:31 AM
Big Ted

Can you pull wheelies with the hyper 8 port, the 16t clutch bell and the big joes?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:47 AM
Rex2342

Yeah it pulls the wheel pretty easily.One thing you'll need to do with the big joe's is set the carb a little rich so the engine doesn't overheat after extended run times with the big joes.After ripping around for a while with the Big Joes my 8 port would get a little to hot so I richened it up a bit and no more problems.Just make sure and check your wheel nuts before each run.If they are loose then the hex's in the rims will strip out.Even with 8 port mine are still fine and I use alloy hex hubs also.You just gotta make sure everything is tight.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:54 AM
Big Ted

Cool, Thanks for the info, I'd say that's why I stripped my stock rims, let them get loose.

Now time to finalise my shopping list! yay!
Old 06-04-2003, 03:02 AM
Big Ted

One more question.. can you put the roto start system on the hyper 8p?
Old 06-04-2003, 03:07 AM
Rex2342

I don't think so.The HPI site only says 21BB and Force .25.I read somewhere that it work on the Pico .26 but I think you have to make somes mods for it to work.I don't mind the pullstart anyway.It starts on the first or second pull so I can't justify spending another 50$$ for something like that.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:13 AM
Big Ted

It makes things a little tricky. Cause I want the roto start for the 21BB, but if I upgrade the engine it would be nice to be able to fit it on that too. I know it fits on the force .25, but I kinda had preference for the hyper 8p over the force .25.

At least if I buy the hyper 8p then I wont buy the roto start and that'll save me US$45
Old 06-04-2003, 03:16 AM
Rex2342

Like I said my 8port fires up everytime even after sitting for a few days and it runs great.Just make sure you wear gloves when you break it in if you buy one.Because it's really tight at first and it left some nice blisters on my hands but after it's broken in it's easy to start.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Big Ted

cool thanks for all your help..
I'll get the megen 3shoe clutch and flywheel and the 16t clutch bell too I guess...

you don't have the part numbers handy do you? I guess I should be able to find them on tower
Old 06-04-2003, 03:26 AM
Rex2342

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBL94&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNJ82&P=0

One more thing about the 8port...Get an extra pullstart if you get one.The rope is really weak and I had to rebuild mine 2 times before I finnaly bought a new one
Old 06-04-2003, 03:39 AM
Big Ted

but won't the extra pull start have a weak rope too? ... I just get that from tower too?

thanks for the links
Old 06-04-2003, 03:48 AM
Rex2342

Yeah but it's good to have a spare just in case.I've read about people using fishing line instead of the string on pullstarts.I've heard the fishing line is better and doesn't break,I might try it on my broken pullstart just to see if it really does work.Unfortunately tower doesn't sell the 8port engine or the pullstart buy they have everything else you need.This is where I got mine but I don't know if they ship internationally. http://www.extremercmotorsports.com/...at&ref=ENGINES
Old 06-04-2003, 05:18 AM
Big Ted

Yeah I checked those guys out. They had absolutely everything I wanted.. but then I checked.. and they don't ship internationally.

I wanted the billet aluminium hex hubs from GPM cause I thought they would be better than just some replacement stock ones. But can't find them anywhere else.

Tower does have the 8port, but it's a tad more expensive..

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXESC3&P=0
Old 06-04-2003, 05:30 AM
Rex2342

I wonder when they started selling that?I just bought my 8 port like 4 months ago and couldn't find anything for the 8port let alone the 8port itself on towers site.I use the HPI hex hubs and they work fine nice and snug on the wheels and tower sells them for 22$ I think
Old 06-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Legendary

Default There is a "super" Pullstart,

That is on Ebay all the time that uses a cable insted of a nylon cord! It is pretty expensive but, if you can't get a roto start to fit this should do the trick! Just do a search on Ebay for pullstarts! Also if you can access your starter shaft you can use the on-way barring with a socket and cordless drill with an extention to start it! I have used this on my MT Pro and one of my T-Maxx's but, for the Maxx I had to buy a special shock tower from New Era to get access to the starter shaft! It works great and cost a lot less then Yank eliminators which are cheap and break real easy (I went through 2 of them in as many weeks)!