Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:18 PM
kyle 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best?

I have been looking at getting an rc monster truck for a while now, but i do not know which one would be the best. I want to race and bash. A fast and durable truck would be very nice. Which monster do you think is the best for what i want? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:50 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Best?

No one knows what is best for you but you will get opinions like the Savage, Revo and LST2. The LST2 is the best of both worlds. Its fast and durable. Can be raced or bashed. The Revo is a racer. Handles great but needs some mods to be bashable. The Savage is the King of Bash. Its known to be the best basher but can be raced with some slight mods. The LST2 is the most expensive while the revo adn savage are about the same. The next choice would be teh Aftershock. Its the cheaper version of the LST2. The Aftershock is as tough as it gets. Not as fast as teh others but with a upgraded pipe with wheels and tires it can be pretty quick. I cany its easily as tough as the Savage and even more reliable. The Aftershock is the cheapest of teh bunch but you get alot of truck and a good radio for the money. You cant go wrong with the aftershock but if you have the money go for the lst2. If you mainly bash go for the savageif you want to race then go for the revo.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LST2 - best of both worlds.. Sell the wheels and hexes new and unused, convert to 17mm, and get a set of Savage XL wheels for bashing, and a set of truggy LPR Crimefighters or Bowties for racing..

Tires are everything ha ha.....
Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
rclynx

you guys are like a bunch of broken records. The best you can buy is the one you BUY "FLASH" this is a Hobby. You take what you buy and make it the best for what you want to do with it. You want to buy the best of something go buy a Honda Accord [>:]
Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 AM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

I agree with rcylx. Although I buy AMERICAN!!!!!! GENERAL MOTORS TRUCKS ARE AWESOME!!!! ALOT FOR THE MONEY. I SUPOSE THIS IS FOR ANOTHER FORUM THOUGH. And would probably get alot of argument. A good base for Whatever a best truck is. Any of the Trucks mentioned above you can't go wrong with. Its up to personal preference sometimes. I guarantee You won't just buy one truck anyway. You eventually will want to try something else. Good luck on what ever you Buy??
Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
kyle 9

how much extra would it cost to make the savage X 4.6 into a decent race truck? and what hop up should i get for it?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:01 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
kyle 9

is the top speed of the Savage X 4.6 about the same as like the t-maxx 3.3 (4908) or the Revo (5308).
Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM
twomanytoys

The savage x 4.6 rtr will have a slightly faster top end. Its the fastest truck HPI has.