Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Suspension question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM
svroddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension question.

Is there anything I can do to the suspension to lessen the stress on the dogbones? Ive broken one front and rear on my mini mgt 3.0 and im not doing anything crazy just small jumps getting like 2-3 feet of air on the grass and the landings arent that bad( no tumbling or anything). I also try to let off the throttle so the wheels arent spining to fast when it lands. Do I need a lighter or heavier suspension? The suspension is stock. Maybe add preload clips, change the springs? THanks
Old 02-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Suspension question.

You are probably snapping them due to binding or the inertia of the tires spinning. Spin the tire with your hand and move the suspension up and down with the other, and turn them left to right(all while you spin the wheel). does it bind or sitffen at any point? if not, just avoid jumping it untill you can figure it out. Or upgrade. Im sure you can find CVDs for it or something
Old 02-05-2009, 02:59 AM
svroddy

Default RE: Suspension question.

Thanks for the reply, ill def give it a try when I get my parts in.