Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need info on what Savage engine to buy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need info on what Savage engine to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Savage Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on what Savage engine to buy

Help, im trying to find out whats the best choice to replace the engine in my new Savage. I grenaded the original block in my truck when i landed a jump. I already have the hotbodies starter and would like info on only the engines that will work with that starter. I would like to stick with about $200 and under. The only choices i know of are the Picco .26 and the Force .25 From what i understand, the Picco is only .2 HP more but is $200 compared with $110 for the Force .25 I would like a noticable difference in HP over the stock engine but for almost twice the price, i would be happy with the Force if it is comparable to the Picco. I havent heard much about the 24.7 or the Trinity 27xl. Will these work with my hotbodies starter and if so, how powerful would these engines be and what are there prices. I wish someone would do a complete engine shootout for the Savage. Any info anyone has on my engine choices that would work with this hotbodies starter and the best bang for the buck would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the great info and the well written threads.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:45 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i saw some post that the 25 is not a direct fit/drop in for savage..i think i read it on extremercmotorsports..thats why they dont sell it ..this was months ago though but try to do more research i just want you to know about the ofna25 ...they said 26 is good..or hyper 8port..so what happen to the engine? it broke into pieces?and ithink the 26 fits you hb jumpstart with the hex adaptor if i am not mistaken or maybe thats hpi rotostart that needs tha
Old 06-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Alteramod

Hey, ok the force .25 IS NOT a direct drop in. But if you have a drill at home (not a big one just a normal one for putting screws in a wall) then you wont have any prob....

Just mark holes on the engine were the motor mount hole would be. Then find the right drill bit (just as round as the screw but not bigger than the screw head) Then make your holes and your good to go.

That engine will make the savage wheelie in grass, just burns out in the dirt though. Also, you will see a huge differance in speed (its about the same speed as my buggy and my buggy can do 45+) little slower than my buggy though I would say
Old 06-09-2003, 12:54 PM
spazz

I had the stock 21bb then went to the force 25 big difference lots of top end and good take off........then I went to the picco 26............WOW!.......the 26 has tons of torque and awsome top end too. I just got it broken in and all adjusted up.....when the truck kicks into second the wheels come up for a bit the it just takes off. It's something to see....I heard a lot of good things about the picco before I bought it, but had no idea it would be this good.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:58 PM
badboy2

does it makes the savage wheelies?on any surface?ill try to abuse my bb21 1st then buy a new engine..what about the os40 would that fit savage?isnt it they use it for tmaxx isnt that stronger or more powerful than all other engines that we put?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:47 PM
maxxdaddy74

I have a completely stock Savage except for the Dynamite air filter and Mugen 730 nimh receiver pack. I was surprised when my daughter was helping me clean the mud off in the grass it just wheelies on command. I first I thought to myself its got to be really hot and lean until I temped it. Just 230. This engine does'nt deserve the bashing it takes on this forum. Just spend the time to tune it and don't be afraid to lean it out a little. My daughter was able to hang with my Maxx thats packing a Sirio on the track. She cant beat it on the straight but it has gobs of torque in the turns. Not bad for a $100 engine in my book.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:57 PM
outsideloop2

Picco...Picco....Picco....Just order the damn Picco. Two hundred positive posts can't be wrong! May be if you'ed stop hucking that thing off 35 foot kickers you would still have a truck!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Savage Beast

Originally posted by outsideloop
Picco...Picco....Picco....Just order the damn Picco. Two hundred positive posts can't be wrong! May be if you'ed stop hucking that thing off 35 foot kickers you would still have a truck!

Yeah, Yeah, You were there doing the 35 foot kickers too and your engine didnt explode! Maybe if you wouldnt have fell in a hole you would still have a knee you Gimp. Take that. Maybe i will get the damn picco if anybody would get it in stock, im sick of waiting. If i do get the picco, you will be crying all over your stock engine!
Old 06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
maxxdaddy74

I'm sorry but who are you talking to?
Old 06-10-2003, 12:59 AM
cemeb4dk

I would love to get a picco too. But i have had mine on backorder for a month. Its must be on triple backorder. I could have drove to california, built it and drove back.. It must be this whole supply and demand thing i learned in economics years back in hs. Finally put it to use, now if i can just find a use for algebra,
Old 06-10-2003, 02:03 AM
outsideloop2

You guys know as soon as all the Picco back orders are filled someone will come out with something better!
Old 06-10-2003, 05:15 AM
badboy2

sirio 27xl is about to come out or did it came out already?maxxdad which sirio do you have on your maxx?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:22 PM
maxxdaddy74

TX.18 direct replacement that utilizes the e-z start.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:30 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Hey you want a real engine, go for the hyper21 8 port racing engine , it's a direct dropin with no mods to the truck, if you ask me this engine will beat any other on the market!And it's on $139 a stormer hobbies.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Legendary

Default You mean,

The Hyper 8 port not the Hyper 8 port Race! The Race version is a non-pull start engine!
Old 06-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

Try Ultimate Hobbies for the Eight Port $119.95 Picco $179.95 Force 25 $109.95
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//c501.html
Old 06-11-2003, 05:15 AM
badboy2

the 25 is not a drop in right?only 26 and hyper21 are drop in ..am i correct?ill try to use at least 3gallons on bb21 before i change it right now i got at least 20-25tanks only
Old 06-11-2003, 05:43 AM
Alteramod

Yes correct the .25 is not a direct drop in but all you have to do is drill 2 little holes in it and your good to go.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:31 AM
badboy2

does it make the savage wheelie?where will u drill a hole on the skid plates?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Epik

Well if you want you can make the Force .25 a drop in by ordering the GPM Billet Aluminum Engine Mount (GPMSAV1080). Well at least that's according to http://www.extremercmotorsports.com/...r=HOME:ENGINES
which is where they sell that engine as well
Old 06-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Alteramod

yes it will make a savage wheelie. Only on grass though, just spins the tires elsewhere. you know how you engine already has 2 holes in it on each side where you put your screws threw? Thats where you make the other two on the .25 (one on each side)
Old 06-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Alteramod

You will also see a huge speed increase
Old 06-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Savage Beast

Well i got sick of waiting for the Picco. I just went out and bought the Force 25. I didnt want to weaken the engines block by drilling two more holes in it so i will just tap two new hole in the engine mounting plate. This engine better blow the stock engine away or im gonna order the Picco and put the Force on ebay. I will let you know how the Force is when shes done. Later
Old 06-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Alteramod

Well I know that on the savage that we put a .25 force on it, the speed increase greatly and it wheelies on grass. (just make sure the grass is dry)