Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage Tuning Question

Old 06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Justintoxicated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Tuning Question

Well i broke in my savage with the factory settings, After about the 7th tank I decided to tune it a Bit.

I leaned both LSN and HSN by 1/2 turn. The manual says between 2.5 & 3 turns after break in.

Well after a couple tanks of gas more (2 or 3) I was hitting second gear pretty nice, there was no bog and it seemed pretty tuned!

Now I put on a motosaver air filter and fuel filter and I feel It may need some richening up, but the manual says between 2.5 & 3 turns, and Im already at 3 turns. Is the manual takeing the stock air filter into consideration? I left it alone my first run, and the engin ran a bit hot, and it bogged slightly after ideling every now n then. So Im guessing that I should probably lean the LSN and ricen the HSN a little past 3 turns due to the new filter?

Is it ok to go over 3 turns rich?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Legendary

Default It can take some figuring!

From one day to the next you may have to re-tune your truck! From what I have read about the Savage on this forum you should leave the LSN alone and only lean out the HSN! I think it was Unstable that said "If I turn the LSN 1/8 of a turn in either direction from stock it does not run right"!
Old 06-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Justintoxicated

maybe i will richen it some more then, but it was working perfect at 3 tuns out, opposed form stock 3.5
Old 06-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Alteramod

well really after break just adjust it to where it runs good without over heating. So if you find that richening is working then do it....
Old 06-11-2003, 03:53 AM
Justintoxicated

what is that article about reading the glow plug? I richened it some and it ran fine, a little cooler. Not sure how to tell if the LSN is tuned or not. It sounds like it idles high, but im new to nitro so i don't really know.