RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MT's and the beach?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 04:28 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT's and the beach?

Any of you guys ever play in the sand dunes near the ocean beaches or is it just too hard on the trucks?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 AM
hitler75

Won't sea salt from beach sand corrode the metalics on trucks? Personally, I won't try the beach... if I want sand, I'll go to construction sites where they have tons of those
Old 06-11-2003, 04:47 AM
Alteramod

not if its near fresh water im searching for an article about driving in sand i read awhile ago.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:51 AM
hitler75

Where can you find fresh water beach sand? The only sand that's "fresh" that i can think of is in the middle of the mojave Then you have to deal with rattlers hitching a ride
Old 06-11-2003, 05:23 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

If your gonna run on the beach just tear you truck down after your done and clean it well!! Theres nothing wrong with runing them on the beach, you just have to make sure you clean them well afterwards.
Personaly I get more of a kick out of running in the sand than jumping 10' Ft in the air, I through some paddle tires on the back of my truck and shoot rooster tails 6 foot high and about 10' Ft long, just killer to whatch, and draws quite a crowd!!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:28 AM
POJack

Originally posted by hitler75
Where can you find fresh water beach sand? The only sand that's "fresh" that i can think of is in the middle of the mojave Then you have to deal with rattlers hitching a ride
I live in Michigan (surrounded by the Great Lakes) and we have a lot of fresh water beaches (man made of course) but nonetheless, they are freshwater beaches.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:35 AM
hitler75

Sounds like a cool place to drive Great scenary and you can run your rig just over the water's edge for that splash sensation I love to run my trucks over puddles to see water spray everywhere...
Old 06-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

all you have to do is clean all the sand ut of the bearings and blow the truck off with a compressor or hair dryer. Clean and reoil the air filter too.