RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster truck VS. Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster truck VS. Truggy

ORIGINAL: bronx boy

Hey guys calm down im 52 years old i have 26 cars and trucks i dont jump anything.Maybe i used the wrong word i ment when i hit a little bump and the truck pops a wheely.When i say im old i mean it i started racing slot cars when my dad had a slot car store in the bronx back in 1966 .I cant believe that one word would start such a ruckus next time i will try to choose my words more carefully.You guys seem to know a lot of very technical stuff i just know how to have lots of fun with the kids.A lot of my cars are probably older than some of you.
Hey! A fellow slot car racer! Half of this crowd does not know what a slot car is... maybe more. I am a couple years older than you are and have a few more nitro vehicles. Nice to see another old timer in the crowd!

Truggy vs MT on speed, my MT may pull more mph but the truggy gets there in half the time.... both on stock Picco 28s.

Wheelies are really the only place my MTs rule...

I do things in my Savages and then wonder how the Mugen would handle it and every time, the Mugen does it much simpler. It will climb things that my Savage cannot as the Savage goes over backwards. Lateral speeds and sidehills there are no comparisons of course...

I do know my Mugen would have been in deep trouble on this [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6kcw8my7k]little adventure![/link] Glen
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Hey Glen, what weight do you run in the center of your Mugen? My buggy has 7k in it, but i think i might like it a little heavier for bashing. Im not sure though.

Eric
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
BudBud

I have not changed mine, guys have been telling me to run heavy, like 110, but I like the way it works. If I raise the back tires and leave the front tires planted, it will still throw dirt and grass off the front tires. Same for raising the front, it will dig holes with the rears. I tried two of the three that I have and got the same results.

The third one is still waiting for me to spend 220 dollars on servos.... I have a modded 28, a NovaRossi N528X and a modded 27 to try in it. I have one with a stock Picco 28 and one with a stock Picco 27 in it.

I tried an engine modded by an un-named modder, he does a lot of engines, but I was very disappointed with it. I am not going to point fingers, but I sent it to Supertib to see if he can fix it. If not, I will buy a sleeve and have him do that for it. I bought the engine used, it is low mileage and has no bottom end power.

It seems that the modding guys have extremely different standards. Tib tells me the crank and sleeve timing are crazy high on that 28. To be honest, I would rather have a pure stock one that that one. Glen
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Hmm, I may have to pick up some thick center diff oil for my buggy. I like the center diff, but id also like for it to be pretty tight. I think it will be easier on tires that way and i think for bashing it will be more fun.

If i hold the rear down a little and rev it up, only the front tires spin as it sits. If the LHS has anything good, I may pick some up when i get fuel this weekend. 110 is pretty thick. Im not sure what ill try. It may depend on what the hobby shop has.

Eric
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
bronx boy

Hey budbud its nice to be this age and be able to enjoy our hobbie.My next door neighbors son is about 9 years old he was watching me doing donuts with a nitro st truck.He asked why was i doing it .I told him because i can .I really enjoy whatever car im playing with at the moment.I will leave all this passion for the controversie of what vs what to the young guys
Old 04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
BudBud

It is a good thing I do not have a 9 year old nearby that showed and interest, I would have him at the park with a Picco 26 in an XL learning how to drive it. When he got that mastered, I wold give him big wheelie power. [8D] I agree though, they all seem to have some fun quirks that are great to mess with. Glen
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
bronx boy

I have a 8 year old godson my wife and me watchhim almost every weekend .He lest his mom to cancer when he was 6 so no mater what it takes to make him smile i just do it.He loves my cars and he is really a good driver. Im just his personal pit crew when he is here.Ihave him doind 60 mph passes with my souped up street cars up and down the street.He is real good with the mt and truggies wheelies and donuts no problem for him.Ithink he is better then me .Dam these young kids
Old 10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
driller2948

I'm 43, and, uh I still have my slot cars with modified engines of course, duh? Still have like 70’ of four lane track. My wife wanted to sell it all in a garage sale! I said HELL NO HOE![>:]
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 PM
BudBud

I am 54 now and made the mistake of leaving my slot cars at home when I left. I think my younger brother saw them as a good chance to grab some dope money, in his wilder days. Anyway, I had a nice collection of late 60's slot cars, I even had a couple of the super hotrods with the anled motors....