Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

screwed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 11:54 PM
RS4_3_ss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screwed

Hey guys I just thought I might release some of my anger on here. I made a deal with some guy from this forum that I would trade him my RS4 3 SS for his RC10GT, and he said that he wanted me to send mine first because he has been screwed on a deal like this before. So I sent mine he recieved it and now it has been 2 1/2 weeks and I still have not received the truck!!! I am really pissed at this guy. I mean I actually trusted the f*****.

Sorry, Drew Fritsch
Old 06-10-2003, 11:59 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Default screwed

what was his name, so we dont make the same mistake you did? Did you try contacting him at all? maybe he sent it, but got lost in the mail or something. Sorry to hear about this
Old 06-11-2003, 12:49 AM
WarriorRacer05
My Feedback: (1)

Default screwed

Man that sucks.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:29 AM
POJack

Default screwed

Thats exactly the reason I would never buy or trade something from this website. At least with ebay, you have some fraud protection.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Alteramod

Default screwed

Yea it does, also please post the name of the guy on here so other peeps dont do it.

Also, I would say it in the other places too if you dont get it anytime soon.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:35 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default screwed

When swapping I like to do a "paid swap".

Person A "buys" the product for 200 bucks.
PAypals him or something like that
Person B also pays him the SAME 200 bucks.

they ship.
If something happens he ha s legal transaction to say "I paid for this I didnt get it".

just a tip for future!
ram
Old 06-11-2003, 03:08 AM
RS4_3_ss

Default screwed

His email is [email protected]. I forgot his real name.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:13 AM
POJack

Default screwed

This is his AOL profile:

Name: K.Daniel Jaynes ( a.k.a. Homer)

Sex: Male
Marital Status: questionable at times
Hobbies & Interests: 4wheelin,motocross,ATV's,drag racing (no rice grinders),anything that is fast. my factory team RC-10 GT ,my Polaris 250 Trail Boss and my Suzuki LT250R Quadracer.
Favorite Gadgets: girls in Carharts or Wranglers
Personal Quote: like cruzin the big JC with my friends, and I try my best to stay away from the police. Some of you people that bring those dirty pics into K-mart need to get a polaroid,thats what they are made for.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:15 AM
dan1220

Default screwed

what is his name on here?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:47 AM
hitler75

Default screwed

let's flood his email...
Old 06-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Alteramod

Default screwed

lol sheesh
Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default screwed

INTERNET FRAUD!! FEDERAL OFFENSE, POSTMASTER, HIS LOCAL PD, AND OF COURSE, THE FBI. Find out as much about this dude as you can and submit it to the "people" I have listed above!! My first step would be with your postmaster if you used USPS, if not, would be to contact his local PD and have them stop by!! But before you go crazy with all this stuff, email him and make him understand what you intend to do, give him about a week or so to get the car or the truck to you, if he does not comply, do as I listed above, if he gets caught, he could spend a little time in the grey bar motel before he goes in front of a federal judge, he could also loose all those toys he has just to pay for the fines!!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:19 AM
hitler75

Default screwed

Originally posted by adeoliver
INTERNET FRAUD!! FEDERAL OFFENSE, POSTMASTER, HIS LOCAL PD, AND OF COURSE, THE FBI. Find out as much about this dude as you can and submit it to the "people" I have listed above!! My first step would be with your postmaster if you used USPS, if not, would be to contact his local PD and have them stop by!! But before you go crazy with all this stuff, email him and make him understand what you intend to do, give him about a week or so to get the car or the truck to you, if he does not comply, do as I listed above, if he gets caught, he could spend a little time in the grey bar motel before he goes in front of a federal judge, he could also loose all those toys he has just to pay for the fines!!

COOL!!! Cheap sales anyone?? A chance for newbies to pick up some cheap used RCs to practise on
Old 06-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default screwed

Originally posted by adeoliver
That and $1.50 will get you a coffee. Its one guys word against another. All your friends you listed above wouldnt lift a finger here. Bottom line is Internet trading in ANY form is unsafe. Live and learn.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:35 AM
POJack

Default screwed

Originally posted by Avalanche
That and $1.50 will get you a coffee. Its one guys word against another. All your friends you listed above wouldnt lift a finger here. Bottom line is Internet trading in ANY form is unsafe. Live and learn.
You took the words out of my mouth...the FBI??? I don't think so...not for a little $300 radio controlled car. You'd be lucky if your local police department got involved. There is a little element in the law that sais, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt". Good luck proving that he recieved the item you sent him. Unless of course you mailed it with delivery confirmation. If you did, well, then...good luck.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:43 PM
dan1220

Default screwed

all i want to know is his name on here!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:58 PM
RC Jack

Default screwed

RS4_3_ss, do you have that guy's phone number? His name? His address? Try contacting him again.....and again. If this fails, your best bet is to contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL of the state he lives.

As far as the police goes, the local police might be able to do something if you supply them with all of the info that you have, name, address, phone number, deal arrangement, etc.

As a last resort, IF you don't live far, is file a claim in SMALL CLAIMS COURT in the state in which he resides. Chances are, he may not show up and you'll win by default, (but, you might have to show up in order to win a judgement!), in which case there will now be a judgement against him. Then, contact the local sherriff to serve the judgement. If the judgement is not satisfied within a specified time, usually 30 days, the state can auction off his personal belongings to satisfy the judgement! Keep in mind 2 things, tho: 1. the total cost, including filing fees, sherriff's cost, etc. 2. is he a minor? If so, all of this goes against the parents or guardian.

Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Legendary

Default This has happend before on this forum and,

I read that someone in Kansas tried this vary same thing! The guy that got ripped off had enough info to contact the local PD and they did do something about it! They got the truck back and fined the guy! If you don't try, nothing will happen! There are many new laws in place to handle scams like this and the authority's love trying out new laws!
Old 06-11-2003, 03:40 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default screwed

Thats a good outlook.

I once lost 2.5 Grand thru paypal. This was last year and because I participated in various complaints and petitions (this guy screwed a buncha people). They actually finally found the guy and after some exchange of fire, the guy actually shot himself!

I got this info from the Nevada DA's office. I didnt get my money back and I dont expect anything else to happen, but his girlfriend who was also involved is in custody.

At least he "sorta" paid for his crimes. Now whos gonna pay me? No one! Life sucked for a year because I had no job(school) and no money to pay off these people. Just got outta debt last December. And after that I got into RC.. LOL

ram
Old 06-11-2003, 03:50 PM
POJack

Default screwed

If someone were to rip me off like that, the money doesn't really matter to me at that point. It all becomes a matter of principal at that point. I don't care if the item was worth $20 or $5000...If I can help it, nobody is going to rip me off and get away with it...I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN....
Old 06-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Turn&Burn

Default screwed

Man that's awefull ....I hate to see that kind of stuff happen.....It is ashame that people can't seem to get a job and buy your own stuff.......Anyway I was looking at your posts and I saw the thread that you had with the SS for trade and the guy did not reply to your post, Did he just e-mail you and you and him made a deal over e-mail???? If so I got screwed on anoth site that exact same way......Make sure you and him talk via PM or in the thread at least acouple of time's through out the deal......So at least you will know his screen name......I agree with Hitler75, Bug the crap out of him...send him e-mails every 5 min.... .....Hell, let's all bug him...
Old 06-11-2003, 04:59 PM
volsstd

Default screwed

haha, I mail-bombed him

GreeTz
Ben
Old 06-11-2003, 05:11 PM
dan1220

Default screwed

Originally posted by volsstd
haha, I mail-bombed him

GreeTz
Ben
And wdhat did you say in all you emails?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Avalanche

Default screwed

Originally posted by volsstd
haha, I mail-bombed him

GreeTz
Ben

Watch what you do, its so easy to get someone dropped from their ISP.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:08 PM
dan1220

Default screwed

why would his ISP do that? I dont understand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.