widepud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default tmaxx .21 conversion problem

i have one of the origional tmaxx's,and i got the hardcore racing .21 conversion,and o.s. rg .21 pullstart.it has the stock clutchbell set up,and the stock spurgear.the problem i am pretty sure is somewhere in the transmission.i know of the adjustment screw,and set screw for adjusting when it shifts,and the set screw is tight,and i have adjusted the shift point screw both ways,and it doesnt seem to work.its not that it doesnt shift,it doesnt realy engage at all most of the time.i thought i had it fixed because it was working,but then only worked for a short time.i dont know if there is something coming loose,or if the servo moved that makes it forward or reverse,and maybe its in some sort of neutral or something?nothing is broke in the transmision,and ive tryed the slipperclutch in all sorts of settings.any help would be great.thanks for youre time.you can email me any helpfull advice at natas779@lycos.com thanks again
Old 06-11-2003, 02:54 AM
SixVi6-Camaro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

does it like go into neutral instead of shifting? then if you let off and nail it again it engauges into 2nd? if so its probably the one way bearing in the 2 speed. most smallblocks don't ahve the pwoer to spin that bearing.. .21's will spin a worn one way with pretty easily.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Also check the shaft that goes through the one way bearing part #4993. I thought my one way bearing had gone out. After replacing it and still having problems I replaced that shaft. The one way bearing had worn it down some. The diameter of the shaft ended up being too small for the bearing to lock itself. Check them both.....
Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

same problema here i do know whats wrong w/ mine at least, if the engine runs, the slipper is movin and the wheels are not, the gear on the bottom most shaft that is inside of that bell thing ,that makes it go in forward or reverse, the forward one(black) ring has the engagement screw too tight put some blue thread loch on it and loosen it a little

do not run the truck for a while because of thread lock
yes i did make that mistake and yes i did have to pull the tranny but yes practice makes perfect

hope it helps if not let me know im sure i know the solution if it is a t-maxx tranny
Old 06-11-2003, 07:34 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I kind dont understand your problem. Is the engine reving whille the tranny is not shift in gear at all, or is the tranny not shifting in to 2nd? If its just reving then your one way is probably going out, or your forward output gear(4997) is not ingaging in the tranny clutch bell(4990)
Old 06-14-2003, 03:16 AM
widepud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok,first thank all of you for youre help,second,none of this has worked,i tried the way traxxas says to check the one way bearing, "hold the shaft sticking out of the transmission w/ pliers,and spin the spurgear both ways",if it is still good,it should spin one way,and not the other,and it spins one way,and it willl make that shaft that youre holding w/ the pliers spin, so not the problem.then,the idea of loosen the adjustment screw on the forward gear "black ring" nothing changed.NO POWER COMES OUT OF THE TRANSMISSION,PLEASE HELP
Old 06-14-2003, 03:25 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok well that helps alot, I had a similar problem like this, and the only thing wrong with it, was the pin holding the forward/reverse primary gear's to the shaft, I had snapped that thus makeing it spin freely, but if you held the shaft these were mounted to, it more than likely is the forward out-put gear(4997) or the bell that the (4997) gear ingages on!! If this is the case you need to un hook your servo arm, push the linkgage all the way into the tranny, then see if that works, these things listed are the only things that can keep the tranny from spinning, unless you have some bad yokes for the drive shafts(are all the pins in-place?)
Old 06-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Will if you want a trouble free trans!

I smoked one of my tranny's about 2 months ago and replaced the f/output,top shaft and F/R primary gears with RRP and Golden Horizon steel and aluminum gears. What happened to me was when I took apart the trans I did not see the little washers (Teflon) that went next to the reverse output and the F/R primary and when I put it all back together it did not engage right! I know that this is not your problem but, I thought that everyone should know to keep an eye on those little washers!

The only thing that I have broken in the trans so far is the F/R output gears which are the most common problem with this trans! If you want a trouble free trans I recommend that you get some steel or aluminum gears in there! It has worked out great and I am running a .21 and a .25! You can get by with just replacing the plastic gears but, if you run it hard you will be spending time working on the trans! I like the fact that this is one less thing to worry about!
Old 06-15-2003, 09:22 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WHERE DO U LIVE (CITY)widepud
Old 06-16-2003, 11:13 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I sent you an e-mail, hope it helps you.
Let us know when you get it working and what the problem was.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 AM
widepud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

problem solved,the problem was actualy in the forward/reverse set up, i replaced it w/ a forward only conversion,and it works great,but thank all of you for youre suggestions,and help