Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Pirate 10

Old 06-07-2003, 12:29 AM
AnikUmak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirate 10

Hey Guys I am new to nitro and i am getting a Pirate 10 with hyper 21. I heard it really flies..but i would like to know what hop ups can i get for more performance.Things for the engine.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 03:51 AM
skyline_z71

Default Pirate 10

indeed, it does fly. i have one. it flew right into my truck.i didnt liek the hyper, it was a little hard to tune after a while, might of been my engien i dont know. but i replaced the engine with a O.S. .21 rg-x and i liek it a lot better than the hyper. only hopups u can get for the engine that i know of is a new pipe. the stock pipe loox liek styrofoam. i painted it blue but i ordered an 1/8 polished pipe to replace it. the pipe made a huge difference. more top end and power all around. if u break something, ull hafta order from nitro house, only place i know of that has all of ofna's parts. they are cool tho, i ordered a few things and one was a new linkage set but they sent me a anodised blue shock plate thing by mistake and they said keep it and they will just send the right part. so i will try to fit it on my p10 to give it a little more style.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:53 AM
AnikUmak

Default Pirate 10

Hey how the 2speed hop up. Is it hard to install? Which pipes are good?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 09:20 PM
skyline_z71

Default Pirate 10

i have no idea how hard the 2 speed is to install or how it runs but i want to get one. ill let ya know if i get one
Old 06-11-2003, 09:23 PM
skyline_z71

Default Pirate 10

i dunno im running an ofna 1/8 polished pipe, looks awesome plus it is under 30 bux! have to cut the manifold shorter about a half inch but it runs perfect, a little better than stock. or the cvec pipes are cool. but they leak sometimes. i bought one for my rs4 and it leaked first time i tried it but i tried different things so i put some hi temp. gasket maker stuff and it didnt leak yet so its doing good.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:29 PM
AnikUmak

Default Pirate 10

Very nice! I heard the hyper 21 is very hard on the stock gears. Do u know of a good site to order hop ups?

Your Truck flies right?
Man i cant wait!!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:57 PM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

Default Pirate 10

hey anikumak!
iv got the dominator monster truck,its a later version of the pirate,im running the hyper 21 and its beast! i think some of the parts are the same nitro house will tell you forsure they do have parts,the os motor skyline talks about is also a screamer,i had a pirate at one point my gears where steel so i didnt have a prob,hows the ntc3 working out? i finnally figured out how to adjust the pots on the draganflyer and shes a blast!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:39 AM
AnikUmak

Default Pirate 10

VEry KoO!!! I am glad you are enjoying the DF!!!! The NTC3 is on itz way to a new home..thats how i got my pirate10.
Give me an email so i can ask u some question. U have always been very helpfull.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:24 AM
Alteramod

Default Pirate 10

Well, HotBodies pipes arent bad. Dont know how it would fit on a pirate thingy your gettin but hey thought I would say somethin here