Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

How do you check engine temperature??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How do you check engine temperature??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:28 AM
phil313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you check engine temperature??

I read about this in another post and thought it was interesting. I have the TMAXX on order and I want to understand how to keep the temp down as well as measure it? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:44 AM
maxxdaddy74

Buy a temp guage from radio shack (a lot cheaper and just as accurate) $40. The guys at my track use mine to see if theirs are accurate since I had mine calibrated at my job. From factory it was only 2 degrees off.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:48 AM
phil313

Ok thanks. But how do you measure the engine with the gauge? Do you just place it close by or what? I dont want to sound stupid but this is new to me. About how long of hard running does it take to get upwards of 250 in temp??? I read that in the neighborhood of 275 is too high and 200-225 is ideal?? Thanks buddy!
Old 06-12-2003, 02:06 AM
maxxdaddy74

It depends on the engine. I have a Sirio that runs great at 260-270 but the manufacturer says that is in the danger zone. I also have the 21BB in my daughters Savage and it likes 220-230. To get an accurate measurement take it at the glow plug inside the head. Just point the guage inside the head at the base of the glow plug closest to the exhaust port. This ensures the hottest temp. I you were to take it closest to the intake it woul be cooler since the fuel enters the combustion chamber there it cools because fuel is cool.