RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Are Nitro RC Cars/Trucks a headache or what???

Old 06-12-2003, 01:45 AM
phil313

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Are Nitro RC Cars/Trucks a headache or what???

I have been coming to this board for about 1 week. I just ordered the TMAXX and I am BRAND NEW to the hobby.

What has caught my attention is all the worries and problems with the engines and up keep. It seems like many people are experiencing some type of hick up or problem with the trucks over a short period.

I am actually getting a little worried about the quality and dependability of these RC nitro cars. I hope I don't regret dropping over $500 on this baby!!!! I plan on using it about 2 hours a week but hope this is not too much

I could use some comforting right now to reassure me this thing is not a lemon and a bad decision
Old 06-12-2003, 01:59 AM
maxxdaddy74

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I would'nt call them all headaches but unfortunately the one you chose has had its problems. I have a 2.5 also and I have had to learn the vehicle inside and out. This is because I race which as anyone knows is not light on the truck. Take this scenario if you were to start racing real cars you would'nt expect a factory stock off the lot to last more than one race if that. You have to remember these are doing nearly 440 mph when scaled and literally jumping buildings. This is a great hobby and I have'nt once regretted getting in to it even with the problems I've experienced. Look at what I have had to go through to get a consistent racer. You in my opinion picked the best truck for racing if that is your intention. If you are looking to just mess around sell it and get a Savage. I have both and it seems more reliable and consistent in stock form. Hope this does'nt discourage you from enjoying this great hobby.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:09 AM
phil313

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man I bought this thing to chase Geese. But the yard is huge and is a steep incline and a little bumpy. I think I might trade it for an Emaxx if it takes much longer. I am not racing anything but Geese
Old 06-12-2003, 04:04 AM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The E-Maxx would not scare those Geese!

At least not the way a T-Maxx would! Nitro to me is the only way to go! The geese will get wise to the every 6-10mins you have to change or charge the batteries! With the Maxx you can chase them all day long!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:29 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and let them smell that nitro
Old 06-12-2003, 11:25 AM
POJack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with maxxdaddy. The POS 2.5 engine has to be the worst i've owned out of all my nitro vehicles... Don't be surprised if it stalls all the time. If I were you, I would cancel the t-maxx order and get a savage just for reliability.