Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how to backflip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
BuCkMaStEr119.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to backflip?

how do you pull of a backflip and how should i make a jump to do it?

my friend did it yesterday and we want a wood jump so we can pull them off everytime.

thanks and let me know
Old 03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
TGreg

Default RE: how to backflip?

get a piece of wood, put like three cinder blocks under it (so its like 2.5 feet or so.). Ta-da.

Doing an actual backflip is easy, just gun the throttle the whole time. The hard part is landing... to stop the car from flipping you have to blip the brake and time it right.

To adjust the cars movement in air:

Throttle= Nose goes up (backflip)

Brake= Nose down

If you wanna try something fun, put a lip on a ramp, go at it full throttle, as soon as the whole trucks in the air, pin the brake, you should do a front flip.

Disclaimer:

Landing a backflip, or any jump for that matter, with the throttle open (you giving the truck gas) is horrible for your drivetrain.

Practice jumping, using the brake and throttle to adjust the cars pitch, then land with no throttle and no brake.

Cheers.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:19 PM
SAVAGEJIM

What truck do you have? And moreover, what is your gearing and what engine and pipe do you have on it? The reason why I ask is because the faster you can accelerate the wheels in mid-flight, the easier it will be to back flip. A deel (low) geaing with a mid-grade aftermarket engine will back flip even a heavy Savage easily. All you would need is a jump that lets it stay in the air long enough.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TGreg
Disclaimer:

Landing a backflip, or any jump for that matter, with the throttle open (you giving the truck gas) is horrible for your drivetrain.

Practice jumping, using the brake and throttle to adjust the cars pitch, then land with no throttle and no brake.

Cheers.
Not good to rev in the air either. Holding it WOT is a good way to kill a motor. I'm sure theres plenty of people who do it and haven't had a problem but revving with no load is not good.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the amount of time during a backflip holding it wide open; there probably isn't a significant risk of damaging the engine. If there is, well tell it to the thousands of people who backflip their glow R/Cs
Old 03-14-2009, 12:17 AM
TGreg

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

ORIGINAL: TGreg
Disclaimer:

Cheers.
Not good to rev in the air either. Holding it WOT is a good way to kill a motor. I'm sure theres plenty of people who do it and haven't had a problem but revving with no load is not good.
Right its not good, but the chance of it killing your motor is slim as long as its not running lean. if there's proper lubrication provided, the engine will be fine. And also, there is load on the engine, the friction from the whole transmission/drivetrain and the weight of the tires. its not good to WOT a free engine, i.e. one that is out of a truck with no clutch on it.