Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Someone tell me their engine settings on their TRX 2.5!!!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Someone tell me their engine settings on their TRX 2.5!!!

Old 06-13-2003, 11:01 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone tell me their engine settings on their TRX 2.5!!!

I need to get this engine running semi-right.....is there someone out there at all, that has a 2.5 in a T-MAXX that is running very good? Could you please tell me your engine settings on all the needles, and I could be a copy-cat.....to at least get myself in the right tuning direction! I would like to know turns on the air/idle, high, and low.....whatever you can give me! Also, tell me what % nitro you're running w/those settings, and if you could, what glo-plug!

I am running 5% nitro right now, and I think that is way too low, and probably why I cannot get this tuned correctly!
Old 06-14-2003, 02:29 AM
Dlock

The tuning on each engine is going to be different. Not all engines run in the same temp range, plus you have to factor in the external stuff like temperature, barometric pressure, altitude.

What I would do is get some higher nitro content fuel first. Return all the needles to stock settings and go from there. Stock settings: HSN 4 full turns from all the way in, LSN flush with the inner ring, and idle screw should have a 1-3mm gap when the carb is all the way closed. Take off the air filter and look down the carb.

Mine is set somewhere between 4 and 5 turns out. The LSN is about half a turn in from stock, and my idle is set just like I said above. I use OS #8 plugs, and 20% nitro 18% oil fuel.

Keep at it!! You will get it eventually and it will be a blast.....
Old 06-14-2003, 02:50 PM
RC_nutcase
My Feedback: (2)

Read this might help

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...hreadid=161277