Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to RC trucks neew advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
mike11743

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC trucks neew advice

My buddy just got a tmaxx with the 3.3 in it today. It is one of the coolest RC trucks ive ever seen, and it made me want to get one. I like the power of his 3.3, but unfortunately i dont have the money. For a cheap RC truck, what do you guys recommend. I was thinking that ill just buy new as opposed to used. I was looking at the stampede 2.5, stampede VTX, tmaxx 2.5, CEN MT-spec 3.0, and someting like wild red or something like that. What do you guys suggest Electric or nitro? I felt like I could handle his 3.3 tmaxx and would like something with comparable speed. Thank You.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Art91

Default RE: New to RC trucks neew advice

Buying a new Rc is normally the better way to go especially if you are new to the hobby. Electric is normally less messy, and more easy to operate, and nitros are more maintenance oriented. My top pick RC has to be the Hpi Savage. Over two years of driving the Savage, and not one part ever broke on it. Since you said your budget was kind of tight you might want to take a look at the Traxxas Nitro Sport, it has a pretty reasonable price tag, and seems to be a nice beginner car. From my experiences driving the Nitro Sport it had pretty good top speed, and acceleration, it was also easy to tune and the engine never ran very hot. Reliability also seem pretty good with it. Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Airbus 9e

Tower has had the Associated Mini-MGT 3.0 for about $220....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSUN0&P=7

...all you need is fuel and some AA batteries and go from there....
Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
jikkuria

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_50/products_id/17281]this[/link] truck is pretty cool. there is quite a few people in the truggy form that have it and are very pleased. it has the bb .28 and should kill the t-maxx in a drag race, and it is something you can run on a track.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 AM
carmaniac627

how about the duratrax rt-x, only $200 on towerhobbies. just get the engine swapped out of it though because the supertigre is garbage.