Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What Would yo recomend ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 10:58 PM
savager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would yo recomend ?

Hey , hello , a friend and I ordered today two savage . The savage requires some things to be completed , like glow starter , etc. What would you recommend us , since is our first monster truck , to buy . Or other hop ups to by when we go for the the two trucks . And we will also appreciate if you can please tell us tips on how to handle the savage and how to break in . Another thing is that I have read that the savage comes with a screw wrong or something like that that may damage the fuel tank .

Thanks for helping .
Old 06-16-2003, 12:37 AM
fourwheeler

Welcome to the world of the Savage!! You will need 20% nitro fuel and a glow ignitor and a few extra glow plugs would be nice. Also don't forget to buy some good quality AA batteries. You will need 12 of them to get started. Everything else can wait until you break something. As far as the bolt you mentioned, once you get the savage, take the body off and look at the bolt that holds the rear shocks on. Take it off and turn it around so the nut goes on from the other side. The bolt is too long and could hit the fuel tank if you happen to flex the suspension enough. Have fun!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 12:38 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

I keep reading that people are replacing the gas tank on the savage with an ofna one. what is the reason for this?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:39 AM
fourwheeler

The stock fuel tank has a problem with a leaning out situation when the tank gets below half full. The ofna tank cures this problem.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:40 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

what happens, could you please explain a bit more?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:43 AM
cemeb4dk

Do what fourwheeler said and just break it in by the book. The book tells you exactly how to break it in. So be patient and follow it exactly . this will help your engine life in the long run.

most importantly have fun and welcome.

As far as upgrades, upgrade when something breaks, and do a search and there is plenty of list of upgrades.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:20 AM
savager

Thanks for helping , and I already have y savage , it just got here , what else woluld tou recomend for breaking in the truck , sicke i donīt konow much abouit it .
Also thanks for the tank tip , I already made it .
Old 06-16-2003, 05:37 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

so if i switched to that ofna tank it wont overheat anymore?would i stil be able to use my nem tank guard?do you have part# and where can i get it?