Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-maxx electric conversion?

Hi,
    I have an old T-maxx 2.5 and the engines burnt out, along with several other electronics that need replacing. What would it take to switch it to electric? What parts would I be able to salvage? I would replace the servos with waterproof ones. About how much would it cost? ANY help is appreciated!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: T-maxx electric conversion?

Get a 2.5R and replace whats needed, sell it and buy an E-Maxx or better yet that insane new Savage FLUX I'm not an electric person but that thing has me thinking. Haven't seen one yet but its got some good reading
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want electric. I asked how I could convert it. I did not ask about buy the flux or buying a new motor. I asked how can I convert it. I need some help, not someone recommending me to something else. I want it so I can have it fully waterproof.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All you need from Traxxas is a suitable chassis....and the parts for the transmission.....parts lists and exploded diagrams are available on their website. I did something very similar to what you did, only I turned my 2.5 Maxx into a 3906 E-Maxx....I think the total for the Traxxas parts was around $70 or so......I reused the throttle servo as my shift servo, and I had a Futaba digital that I had bought for the T-Maxx....I have a Novak SuperDuty XR ESC, with the cooling fan option, and a couple plain 27t stock motors for now, just because I had them in my parts box....

Just go on the Traxxas site and find the parts diagrams for whichever E-Maxx you want to do, and go from there.....In my serches, I could never find anyone that sold a prebuilt E-Maxx transmission, though you might try an Ebay chop shop....My total for the project was around $200, and sometime I'll probably buy some of the rinity matched E-Maxx motors....I just have'nt had the funds lately...

I hope this helps.
    Custom Works x3....SC10 FT.ADX, Custom E-Maxx,Losi modified LST2, LST2, NTC3, RC10T4 Oval, RC18T and a lot of other junk.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. I'm wanting to do the newer e=maxx.. I'm bidding on a chassis right now.. The esc and tranny look like the most expensive... Those are going to come along little later in the year when I get more mulah.