Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage 21 engine running problem!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 21 engine running problem!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Bacchuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 21 engine running problem!

I've got about 3/4 a gallon of fuel thru my savage. I decided to return the needles to factory and re-tune it up. I've got the high and low speed needles down to about 3 turns. Runs good good like that....hits second nice. BUT....the thing will not idle worth anything. The idle screw looks to be adjusted correctly...it always has a 2mm gap in it. If i let it idle for about 5 seconds it dies. I'm running blue thunder 20% in it. I'm thinking maybe it too rich or something because if i put it on a box and run it there ends up being a big pile of oil from the exhaust on the box in a matter of 2 minutes? Anyone have the same problem or any advice to try and follow?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:54 AM
dirtdawg

make the idle faster and then retune it
Old 06-16-2003, 01:59 AM
cemeb4dk

I just replace my piston and sleeve, had to reset evrything back to factory, re broke in it idled fine. Then started to tune it again and it started happening. Have to start it give it gas right away and then let the car go, then its fine, but once i stop it doesn't idle long, maybe 30-45 seconds then dies. But now my trans blew i think, and i haven't really got it tuned in. I think its just to rich, because mine was getting better, as i was leaning it out.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:18 AM
BUSH-MASTER

blue thunder is very hard to tune the oil in it turns into a combustible if to lean and it makes you think its to rich the moter will flame out indicating to rich when its actually to lean
Old 06-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Bacchuss

got it...when i cleaned my air filter i re-oiled it with too much oil...engine of starviing of air at idle...just couldn't pull air thru too much oil...running AWESOME now...i love this thing!