Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Some help, plz.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
svroddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help, plz.

I have a aftershock with reverse tranny and mach 427. I have recently put new clutch and springs. Took apart engine and carb for cleaning. Also sealed engine and carb. I inspected 2speed spurs and clutch plates seemed fine. I am still having probs, when I try to give it full throttle it bogs badly but will drive fine if I keep the throttle below 3/4 or so on the throttle. Also even thought I dont have it at full throttle it doesnt seem to be going that fast. Its not the tune, I tried tuning the prob away starting from stock. Im stuck. Thats what I get for buying used I guess. But it looked barely used very good condition also the engine was suposed to have been just broke in. He obviously had the prob before he sold it and didnt want to deal with it so pawned it off on me. From ebay. Maybe a OWB problem? From the engine or the 2speed?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 AM
rclynx

Default RE: Some help, plz.

The biggest percentage of the time what your describing is a lean mixture, could be the fuel tank or other air leak. Couldn't tell you without having it in front of me [:@]
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 AM
jikkuria

that is what i was thinking, i just wasn't sure of my self enough to post it.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
svroddy

I dont belive its a air leak, I just put in a new tank with all new fittings and filter, and sealed engine and carb. I do however have the stock aftershock pipe, someone said that its possible the pipe is the problem. I just dont see the pipe restricting it that much to cause such a problem?

Ive tired tuning the problem out, starting from stock settings, also tried different starting points, but no matter what I cant seem to get it fixed through tuning, but ill give it another shot.