tmaxx carb problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx carb problem?

hey
i was out running my storm today and this guy had problems with his tmaxx carb.

i didnt have time to look it over, and the guy is actually deaf so i didnt have the time to get through the language barrier either. i was packing up for the day when i saw his problem.
im sure ill see him next week, so if i can help him in anyway ill giev it a shot.

his carb was opening up to just past wot, and sticking open. it would click and the linkage would move unnatural, and then it wouldnt go back to closed.
i think he was saying he took it apart once, but like i said, i didnt have time to get into it with him.

has anyone had this problem? i know on my old rotary carb, the low speed would effect the opening and closing and if it were backedd out all the way the carb would open beyond wot.
does it happen with slides too?
Old 06-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Dlock

It could have been binding a little. I have also noticed mine will tend to bind when there is no fuel going through it. I don't know if this is because the oil in the fuel lubes it or what. I would suggest he loosen the nut holding the carb in. Then while pulling on the thottle trigger twist the carb into the position where there is the least amount or resistance. If you play with it long enough you should be able to get it to work properly....
Old 06-16-2003, 08:00 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

yeah its a difficult situation cause he is deaf. sunday i was heading out and i saw him fiddling with it and wen tover to see what was happening.

it is definitely. binding. the linkage isnt binding but the carb seems to get to the "end point" of wot, and get stuck.
he is a good enough mechanic on these things that he should be able to fix it once its diagnosed, so ill tell him to take off the carb rebuild it and put it back on.
that should be no problem for him. he has a fwe cars so i knwo hes not clueless....just deaf.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Dlock

There have been a few problems with Traxxas's carbs on the 2.5's. Some of them stick. This might be a little tough for him, but he could call Traxxas and see about a replacement. Or have someone else do it for him....