Losi Muggy or Revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi Muggy or Revo 3.3

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

The thing to do with the muggy is just buy a vented clutchbell. The muggy is much more stable in the air, comes with a better radio, and your not stuck with one brand of fuel.
Your not stuck with one brand of fuel with the 3.3. You can use any fuel you want, i actually say no to top fuels. They suckk!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
quadracer111

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

Before I continue this banter let me ask you this. Have you even driven a muggy? Have you ever raced? Do you know anything about setting up a car?

From a bashing standpoint I could see where you would like the cheesey start, but from a racing standpoint, the point that I am looking at this from. You would not want the extra weight, nor the extra rotational mass on your car. The muggy's system is not ideal, personally I think a bumpstart is the best way to go. However it is a a 1:1 ratio, has very little drag added to the motor. Congrats for getting 2.5 gallons on your trx. You might get lucky and see 4 or 5 gallons. I got 12 gallons out of the last mach that I had. A good 10 of that was racing. Also congratulations on owning one of the very few revo's that doesn't lean out when you turn right on a track. That would be the first one I have ever heard of. The losi has a center diff, and cvd's. The revo has a transmission and, a plastic drive train. The revo being the best thing you have seen in the air. Have you ever driven a losi 8t, or the associated rc8t, or kyosho st-rr.

As for calling you a fanboy. You called me out on never driving a revo when you don't even know me. You haven't had anything positive to say about the muggy, all you have done is talked up your awesome revo, and your screenname is renegade revo. I'm sorry but anybody who puts the name of the car they drive or want to drive in the SN, is a fanboy.

Look I get that your not going to budge on your thoughts, thats fine. I'm not either. So have a good day.
I have no idea what your talking about? I have NEVER heard of a revo that has that issue. Thats only if you put a rb532 in it.

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

i had a Revo with a Sirio .23 a while back and had to always replace the garbage plastic tranny gears and diff gears. don't put an engine that has any sort of power in it. you will be sorry. But I will say that the Revo was surprisingly easy to work on. 5 Min's you could have the front and rear completely off of it.
Its called a slipper clutch, people run picco .28's in them and dont have much trouble.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: quadracer111
I have no idea what your talking about? I have NEVER heard of a revo that has that issue. Thats only if you put a rb532 in it.
There were a few that have this problem with other motors. I have a TM323 (the 523's predecessor) and I don't have a left-turn leaning issue. I've heard of it, but... only in a few cases.... and it's most likely exaggerated in the larger motors because they suck more fuel. It's not ALL of them, or even MOST of them... it's only a handful of them...
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 AM
dgz69er

Quadracer the next time you decide to reply in a thread, please take the time to read the rest of the thread. You will see that renegade revo and I have discussed this at length for several days now. I don't need you coming in here and trying to make some point that has already been discussed.

Renegade

Well I can respect the other stuff on the radio not appealing to you. I just got tired of carting around several transmitters, and putting batteries in all of them. It got a little pricey, and even with rechargables, you still had to make sure they were always charged. Which really isn't any different than a receiver pack or starter battery. I just didn't like the idea of having all those radio's when I could have one. I get the idea of having an extra for a friend, but for me 90% of my friends are into rc, and the others have no interest.

As for the racing, I never said the muggy won any big races, and I never said that it was better than other truggies out there. I just said that I know people who have done well with it. I know your not going to give much if any cred. to local club races and cash races. That why I mentioned names. This way you can look up their info and see that they are legit sponsored racers. By all means, I would take a 8t over the muggy any day when it comes to racing.

Again I look at things from a racing point of view. There is nothing wrong with bashing, I love to do it, but my thoughts are that racing puts a lot more abuse on your car than bashing does. As someone told me. In racing if you miss a jump, you don't get to try it over again. You have to drive around the track and try to hit it again. You truly test the suspension and the setup. The revo has a great suspension on it. One of the most articulate I've seen, but no one else has copied it. So it makes me wonder how great it really is. I get there is probably patent pending issues, but with the exception of 1 10th scale electric, I've not seen it on anything but traxxas products.