Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Take off servo-saver on my T-MAXX??

I am thinking about removing the servo saver off my T-Maxx....and for good reason! The stock steering servo that comes with these, does seem pretty weak to me, even though it's suppose to be the Traxxas hi-torque one. It doesn't steer the wheels on a dry steer, only when the truck is moving....and still it doesn't seem sharp. Now, I understand that it is a lot of wheel to turn, no arguments there. But I have heard of people upgrading the servo! Well, I happen to have a very nice Airtronics 94357 steering servo here, which has 125oz torque, double BB, all that good stuff, sells for $100+ new!

Do you think, that when I put the 94357 in there, that I should put the servo saver back on? That servo is one of the strongest ones on the market, made for strong steering. I don't want to ruin the servo's metal/brass gears and all, but also don't want to install this powerful servo, and then just have the servo saver do this stuff where it won't steer it at all.

I just want to be able to have sharp steering on this, and ACCURATE! I am spending a lot of cheeze upgrading this truck, and just don't want to screw anything up! Any thought on this, would be appreciated!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I would not!

You don't want to break a servo that cost you that much! There are steering servo savers out there that are much stronger then stock! I would put the stock one on for now and get a heavy duty one that should help you alot! The way mine is setup it does not turn the wheels while sitting still but, it works great IMO while it is moving!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:57 PM
POJack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you want a top of the line servo saver and your willing to spend the money, buy this one... http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/servo_saver.shtml

They can be had for $79 here http://www.hobbyshopnj.com/monmaxx.html
Old 06-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Proline makes one as well!

But, I am sure it's not anywhere nere as good as the one from SuperMaxx! They have them both on Ebay (SuperMaxx $79 and Proline $34)!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:36 PM
maxxdaddy74

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Proline is on my Maxx and it has been great. Handles hits to the wall at WOT. Very easy to adjust the spring tension as well. I have it mated with a Hitec 645 and it turns the wheels from stop to stop while sitting still. Well worth the $35 IMO.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:28 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by maxxdaddy74
The Proline is on my Maxx and it has been great. Handles hits to the wall at WOT. Very easy to adjust the spring tension as well. I have it mated with a Hitec 645 and it turns the wheels from stop to stop while sitting still. Well worth the $35 IMO.
I am trying to look into this servo saver, but didn't find it on ebay?? If someone could point me in the right direction.....
Old 06-16-2003, 09:59 PM
matt2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

dont worry about the survo breaking. the only thing to worry about in a metal geared survo is the plastic piece in the survo. i took the metal geared survo and put it in the took out the survo saver and put a metal arm in. but i have an e maxx im not sure if there different
Old 06-16-2003, 10:03 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is one I found on ebay but I think its the same price as any store. Mabey more.
this is the item number 3134623791
mabey it helps
Old 06-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the Pro-Line with a Hitec 945 servo. I really like it. THe Pro-Line has bearing which makes the steering more precise and more fluid. I would suggest that you get a 5 Cell Recieve pack to go with it, it will make even more difference. If you do get the Pro-Line make sure to put a little lock-tite on the spring adjustment ring, otherwise over time it will work it's way back up and make it loose. I have had lock-tite on mine since day one and have never had to mess with it again. Here are some links to a good price on the servo saver and the recieve pack that I have:

Right hand side about 1/3 the way down
http://www.littleshopofhobbies.com/temaxx8.htm

Ballistic Batteries
The best one they offer and the most expensive:
http://www.ballisticbatteries.com/St...ShowLarge=True
Pretty much the same just lower MaH which means you will have to charge it more often:
http://www.ballisticbatteries.com/St...ShowLarge=True

Hope this helps.....