Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Switching fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching fuel

I bought a gallon of blue thunder 30% by mistake and ran I tank of fuel threw it and the truck is running like [email protected] didn't notice the 30% until after I ran the truck.I normaly run 20% blue thunder I didn't think to look at the % because my LHS usually only carries 20%.By question is...will my truck be ok if i keep using 30%?Do I need to just re-tune my engine to get it to perform better?Do I need to keep using the 30% or can I switch back once the gallon is gone?I've read conflicting stories about this subject and have done a search because I know this is a common question but I can't find a straight answer.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Switching fuel

Our nitro engines do not compensate for many differences. You should as a minimum check the mixture setting before your first run of each day.

Changes in air temperature, air density, density altitude and fuel types (different nitro, different brands, different oil percentages) all will require a mixture change.

So to answer your question, not resetting your needle valves with the new higher nitro fuels is the reason your car is not performing well. When switching from low nitro to high nitro, you normally need to richen your mixture. I suspect you are running too lean.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Rex2342

Default Switching fuel

It was running to lean and wouldn't idle so I richened it up a bit and now it idle's but there is no acceleration and no top end.I guess I'm gonna have to reset the needles and start over again.Is it OK to switch back to the 20% after this gollon of 30% is gone?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:03 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Switching fuel

yes switching back to 20% is fine.