Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which radio? Which Fuel Filter? Help Please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which radio? Which Fuel Filter? Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 12:59 PM
rsgunther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which radio? Which Fuel Filter? Help Please

I have a t-maxx 2.5, just bought it a couple of weeks ago. I have run 2 gallons thru the truck so far. I am not new to RC Cars (used to race about 10-15 years ago, original kyosho ultima), but I am new to nitro. I've gotta say, the 2.5 is a great running motor. Once you figure out how to tune it, it is AWESOME. I struggled at first learning the proper tuning techniques. (HSN first, temp gun, then LSN, then idle). It has been solid.
Anyway, here are my questions:

1) I would like to replace traxxas radio & receiver & servos with a futaba, airtronics, JR, or something else? I need a radio that will control multiple models (I am going to buy more nitro cars), and would like an LCD screen. Also, want to keep cost around $200 or so. What should I buy & why?

2) I don't have a fuel filter on my line from tank to engine. Should I get one, will it restrict flow? And What brand does everyone recommend?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:15 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

about the radio, I dont own one, but a jr xs3 sounds like a great one. Its about 230, is synthesized ( no more crystals, ever) And it has a 6 model memory, and a lap counter! thats sounds awesome to me!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:23 PM
POJack

Definately the JR XS3...no more waiting for a channel (if you race).

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1210.asp
Old 06-16-2003, 08:03 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

a fuel filter is like $5 ...you need one. all seem to be the same to me...bigger ones hold some extra fuel and prevent a stall when a roll over occurs.

i have the xs3, and think its cool. the servos it comes with are prolly better than your stock tmaxx servos too, so if you blow out one of them you can replace them with the JR.
the xs3 hold 6 models i think.

i havent even bega nto tap into the functions of this thing.
extra receivers are like $75
Old 06-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Dlock

Get yerself a Dynamite of Dubro fuel filter. Also get one with a removable screen, that way you can clean it a lot easier.

As for a high end radio. I would say a MX-3 not synthesized, but lcd display 5-6 model memory and a decent price of $100 or so. Or you could go the M8 route, everything the MX-3 has and a whole lot more, $200 or there abouts. Plus you can make it into a synthesized radio at a later date. Or if you want it all just get a JR XS3, synthesized, all the bells and whistles, $209 is the cheapest I have seen it.....
Old 06-17-2003, 01:03 AM
rsgunther

Default price range

I will pick up a fuel filter from my LHS as soon as possible.

As far as a radio goes, I was thinking of either the Airtronics MX-3 or the Futaba 3PDF. These are about the same price range. Anyone have any thoughts? What should I get?