Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Who has come close in retiring from this hobby?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Who has come close in retiring from this hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Dirtysavage/st-1 guy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has come close in retiring from this hobby?

tuning up problems , things breaking down, or the maintaining cost. It hasnt driven u to the edge and make u rethink abt this hobby? If so , share ur stories with everyone?

...Or , who has stopped completely with this hobby?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: Who has come close in retiring from this hobby?

Nope......it's a hobby.....it's supposed to be frustrating at times....
Old 04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
DaveG55

My first nitro model was a PT19 trainer plane back in 1965. Since then I've been in and out of the hobby several times. I'll be in a while then something else will catch my interest and I'll drift away for a few years. But then I'll see a plane, boat or car running somewhere and the bug will bite again. My point is, I don't think that you ever really get away from it for ever, just take breaks every now and again.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I had a TERRIBLE weekend for RC. Stuff let me down. I was ticked but now it's Monday and I feel fine again.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Dirtysavage/st-1 guy

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I had a TERRIBLE weekend for RC. Stuff let me down. I was ticked but now it's Monday and I feel fine again.

let it all out , we are here to listen
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I got extremely frustrated with nitro when i was 14 and got my first nitro truck. I never did get it to run right. It was a cheap tower hobbies nitro st-15. I didnt know anything about them then, and after having enough of the engine on it, i traded it locally to an electric duratrax evader. I stayed into electric and ran it off and on until about 4months ago. Its kind of a long story, but im back into nitro now, and I love it! Its much less frustrating since i have done it right and taken my time this go around. It is pretty expensive to keep things going, but since its a hobby, you can let things sit until you can afford to pick back up with them. I went from having a worn out t-maxx and an electric stampede(which i loved) to now having a Nice savage with an Axial .28 and a nice Sportwerks Mayhem Pro buggy. I really like them both and they are very durable. I havent broken either one in the time that i have had them and i have a blast every time i run them

Eric
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I DID retire from cars for 20 years. I was young and couldn't afford much. Kept breaking my Tamiya Falcon by crashing it into curbs.

When I got back into RC a few years ago, I went into electric planes. Lots of fun, but winds over 5 mph can take a lot of the fun out of it. Also, it is even harder to find places to fly than it is places to run.

On the flipside, if I bought a durable plane, I could usually fix it without having to replace parts. But the pain of finding a good (legal) place to fly combined with the pain of always having high winds in Chicago, made me go back to cars & trucks.

The trick is to take it easy. Racing = $$. Jumping = $$. If you buy a durable car or truck, run it some place besides the street (where all obstacles are hard) and are reasonable in how fast you try to go, it should not be expensive.

If I stopped doing it, I would have to replace it with something just as expensive, such as woodworking, motorcycling, photography.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
japsican

I retired from R/C about 9 years ago...I think the main reason was because I couldnt afford much. Just got back into it a little over a year ago. Mainly into 1/8 scale nitro, just bought a bunch of Heli stuff a few months ago, and I just recently purchased a nice LST2 =). I love tinkering with stuff and improving performance, that's what keeps me in this hobby.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

I just retired from monster trucks, the headaches been gone ever since
Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Dirtysavage/st-1 guy

lol..seems like this hobby is an addiction , damn
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

My point is, I don't think that you ever really get away from it for ever, just take breaks every now and again.
You got that right, same here. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]