Old 06-17-2003, 06:18 AM
wmy64

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default How Happy Are You With Your Savage21?

Just opened a Savage21 group in Yahoo! :idea:
If you're interested... check it out.
Click here to go to Savage21 group in Yahoo! :thumbup:

pirate:Arghh, Matey!pirate:
pirate:Savages everywhere!pirate:
Old 06-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Unstable

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

very happy.... only thing keeping me from love it is it needs more power.....

but for me if you stuck a 302 v-8 in it, it still would need more power so I dont think I will ever be happy in that end
Old 06-17-2003, 08:35 PM
wmy64

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default More Power!!!

This is my first R/C, so there is plenty of power for me. Something to consider for first timers... learn control before you go for speed. I know the T-maxx is faster and I was really torn between these two trucks before I bought the Savage21. Now that I have the Savage21, I'm glad I made that choice. On my first run, I hit a parked car and bent one of the front shocks. I took the shock apart and straightened it. It was a pretty easy job. But, that accident made me realize that control is very important. If you're a first timer, use the stock Savage21 to learn control. It's tough enough and fast enough to start with. After you're good with that, you can upgrade the engine if you want to go faster. I'm planning on keeping the stock engine until it dies. By that time, I will have learned enough to be able to control a faster engine. I've never driven a T-maxx, but I think for first timers it might be too fast out of the box. One good smack against a curb or parked car at top speed might be very costly for a first timer.

pirate:Arghh, Matey!pirate:
pirate:Savages everywhere!pirate:
Old 06-18-2003, 04:57 PM
ITCHYTRIGGER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO GO SEARCHING FOR UPGRADES ON MY SAVAGE. I WISHHHHHHHHHH THAT SOMEONE OR ANY MANUFACTURER COULD DUPLICATE WHAT OTHERS HAVE DONE FOR T-MAXX OWNERS IN WHICH UPGRADES ARE UNLIMITED. I HAVE STOCK T-MAXX I USE JUST FOR SPEED AND AN ALL ALUMINUM HARDCORE 21 CONVERSION WITH HYPER 8. LOVE T-MAXX HOWEVER IT IS GETTING HARDER NOWADAYS TO DISTINGUISH WHOSE T-MAXX IS OUT THERE ON THE TRACKS. TOO MANY T-MAXX OWNERS AND FRANKLY I DO NOT BLAME THEM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:08 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I went for the "Very Happy" vote, and the only thing that kept me from going for "Love it" is how hard of a time I've had getting parts for this thing. The hobby shop I bought it from doesn't carry Savage parts and don't have any plans to start. So, if something goes wrong, it's off to the computer I go.
As for the power, since this is my first r/c truck (have tons of planes) it has plenty of power. If I ever need more, there are plenty of options out there to get more.