Old 06-17-2003, 02:45 PM
jpetrusek

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Looking at getting into Nitro MT...

I see a Stampede on ebay..

item# 3135260180

if anyone's interested. I've been running an onroad nitro for a few months now, but am looking more into the grass/dirt/bash route of the Monsters..I live in new construction so theres lots of dirt and stuff to tear apart..also have grass and some gravel streets. Just that with the on-road i get sick of going in circles up and down my driveway. I'm thinking this Stampede looks like a good starter for MT and it seems to have parts readily available..

Any comments or am I looking for something totally different. I've seen a few threads on the stampede and people seem to think they're good trucks, I'm used to the 45mph+ speed of the on-road and I knwo this thing will get to like 30, which is still pretty quick...

edit: also I found alot of parts on the towerhobbies site:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=TRAC24**&P=Z
Old 06-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default You can't gp wrong with a Stampede!

These trucks rock! I looked at the truck on Ebay and it is well worth it! If you were to buy it new it would cost at least $350 for everything he is listing! New Stampede is $289 alone from Tower!

If you are looking for a good solid starter MT the Stampede is it IMO! I had 2 of them along with 2 .21 T-Maxx's and sold one but, I will never get rid of my last one!

P.S. Get a steel spur gear and a Stinger pipe! The pipe alone makes a big difference in that truck!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:42 AM
jpetrusek

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Looking at getting into Nitro MT...

Anyone got anymore input on the Stampede? I'm keeping an eye on the one on ebay, I was thinking no more then $300 maybe $325 tops for that one i listed above, or is that even too high?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I don't think,

You will see it go that high IMO! Just do a search on this forum for "Stampede" and there you will find plenty of posts and I am pretty sure that they will be 99.9% positive! It was the MT of the year for 2 years in a row when it first came out! It still needs a few things but, I don't think there is any one truck that 100% rock solid out of the box!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:20 PM
jpetrusek

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: I don't think,

Originally posted by Legendary
You will see it go that high IMO! Just do a search on this forum for "Stampede" and there you will find plenty of posts and I am pretty sure that they will be 99.9% positive! It was the MT of the year for 2 years in a row when it first came out! It still needs a few things but, I don't think there is any one truck that 100% rock solid out of the box!
cool I'm going to keep an eye on the ebay one, if I get lucky maybe I can get it cheap...I've also been talking to someone here on the forums whose selling one and pretty much if the ebay one falls through I'll get his

Thanks for the input, I got the on-road working last night and man it's fast heh

now i just need some off-road vehicle and the stampede looks to be a good one