Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Adjusting engine/throttle seetings

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Adjusting engine/throttle seetings

Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Foffen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting engine/throttle seetings

I'm very new at this, so any help is appreciated...

Just wonder how the car is supposed to be set up. In order to make it stand still once the engine is started i had to adjust the throttle servo to apply pressure on the brake or it starts roling by itself, is that correct? sounds wrong to me but i don't know how they are supposed to work...

Also, the engine stalls some times and is'nt very strong on low rpm, it kind of goes down in performance once i press the gas and it isn't very strong initially on low rpm, but once it get's passed that first acceleration stage it takes off and behaves like a charm in terms of speed and tourque... But, after runing it at good speed i lay of the gas and it stalls... any tips?

Sorry for being a total jurk and asking idiot questions, but your answers would be so appreciated and i really do try to learn more and more about all of this...

peace to all!

(P.S I have a standard stock Kyosho Nitro Tracker with the GT-12-SC ? engine and hitec servos...)
Old 06-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Klocker

First as far as the idle goes. It should be set so that the car just barely creeps forward when the throttle servo is at "zero". Secondly as far as the stalling it sounds like you just need to tweak the low speed needle on the carb. Look through the instructions that came with your truck on exactly how to do this, basically you want to move the needle in 1/8 turn increments til you like the response on the low end. From what you've said it sounds like you could be a little lean, so turning it counterclockwise would richen things up for you.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:09 AM
Alteramod

Well if you hit the gas (full throttle) from a complete stand still and a bunch of smoke comes out the muffler then you are to rich. Just adjust the the needles till you get the responce that you want on the low end. Then adjust the idle needle so that it will idle good and not stall on you. Just also remember to make sure that it dont overheat. If it over heats then you need to adjust it so that it dont over heat. sry if there are many mistakes in this and its hard to read its just me
Old 06-20-2003, 03:15 AM
cemeb4dk

You should also have a throttle control on your transmitter that you can adjust so that the truck barely moves when idleing, as far as the idling the guys above covered that..Just my 2 cents.