Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help on what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 01:12 AM
savager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on what to buy

Helo , im new to the hobby , and im ordering on tower hobbies a savage , since this is my first nitro truck , I donīt know what to buy , I know I havr to buy the glo starter and does things , but i donīt know if i have to buy a CA glue or an after run oil , an things like that .

Thanks for helping
Old 06-20-2003, 02:33 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Sup Savager,
Welcome to the hobby. You don't have to spend your money on after run oil. Just get a can of WD40 and blow it in the carburetor and the top of the cylinder (with the glow plug removed) and pull your starter cord a couple of times. Repeat those steps a couple of times after each run. CA is always a good idea. The savages tires do come pre glued but not very well. You'll want to keep some CA in your field box. i use an old tackle box for my field box. A couple of things you're going to want handy are, extra batteries, CA, couple of glow plugs, R/C model 4 way wrench, the set of allen wrenches that come with your truck or invest in a good set of t handle allen wrenches, if you drive to a bashing spot bring a couple of extra rags if you like your cars interior (if you own a truck this doesn't apply) get an extra battery for your glo starter, i know I'm leaving a couple of things out I'm sure someone will tag on to this.

WELCOME AGAIN, BTW NICE CHOICE ON THAT SAVAGE, IT WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. Get the hyper 8 port (and a bunch of replacement pull starters for it.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:51 AM
Alteramod

Also, just to add in, you can buy after run oil if you want but i guess WD40 will work just fine. You dont have to add after run oil or wd40 after each run. Just do it about once every other week or so and if your going to store your truck over 2 week period.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:10 AM
cemeb4dk

Welcome...

The above pretty much covered what you need to start. I would just add, when you get the truck break it in per the manual word for word...It's worth the time in the long run.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:12 AM
Alteramod

ONe other thing, like someone else said... make sure that you do it where noone around you will tempt you to show off and rush things during break in
Old 06-20-2003, 07:50 AM
jeeptuff

WD-40 works great, but I found I really like Marvel Mystery Oil even better. Also try to keep a couple extra ball ends, cups and turnbuckles in you field box along with a few extra assorted screws. Speaking of screws Blue Locktite is a must..
Old 06-20-2003, 06:08 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

motor saver airfilter ... and also gloves