bylandandair

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rock Crawl Motor

I wanted ask everyones advice for a good motor for my setup. I have a tamiya wild dagger, which I have modified the suspension significantly for slow rock crawling. I have locked my rear differential and have a super rooster esc but I still have stock motors, they seem to work very well and it crawls almost as good as a clod, but I was wondering what motors would be good for more low end torque? Oh and I only run a 1500 mah 6cell.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:13 AM
SixVi6-Camaro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rock Crawl Motor

Kyosho Magnetic Meyham's. they are 22 turn 550 sized and have torque to spare. Many of the Clod crawlers run them for the exceletn torque they put out.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:03 AM
bylandandair

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rock Crawl Motor

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you happen to know how many turns the stock tamiya wild dagger motors are?? its a 540 size.

So the kyosho is a 550 size? I've never seen those, is it longer or something? ALso since I have a two engine truck, would I have to get a special reversed one? I first put this kit together awhile ago so I don't even remember if there was a difference in the two motors that came with it.
Thanks for all your help
Old 06-20-2003, 04:13 PM
SixVi6-Camaro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rock Crawl Motor

I don't knwo how many turns the stock ones are. but yes you would have to get a reversed one. The reversed one goes in the front. luckly.. Kyosho makes them in standard wind and reverse wind. They are a little bit longer than a 540 motor. I used to run one in my HPI Nitro Mt for roling around the house and crawling over stuff and will be running them in my ClodZilla. They have lots of nice smooth low end torque.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:52 PM
bylandandair

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rock Crawl Motor

I think I will try what you recommended, I went to the links you posted on towerhobbies for the motors, and noticed on the reversed one, in the picture it shows 360 truck on the sticker on the motor, that isn't the size is it? THey are 550 right. WEll I think I'll go to the hobby shop and see just how much longer they are, with the design of the wild dagger the motors already are in a poor spot so I don't want them to get hung up on rocks and stuff. Thanks for all your help! By the way I like your trucks on your site!