Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

another "which one should i get?" thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

another "which one should i get?" thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:54 PM
DVST8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another "which one should i get?" thread

i been looking at the HPI Wheelie king and the Team Losi high roller

do you guys have any thoughts on which one would be better? i am looking for an all around truck.

any thoughts?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: another

I don't have any experience with the High Roller, but the WK is a great wheely pulling and jumping monster truck, and it can be turned into a pretty darn good crawler fairly easily and cheaply.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
dacaur

The wheely king hands down. Its WAY tougher, and its 4X4. The wheely king is VERY tough to break.... I dont have personal experience with the high roller like I do the wheely king, but looking at it, and experience with other losi's vehichles tells me there is no way its as tough as the WK... the only downside to the wheely king is its kinda slow stock....
Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
DVST8R

another one i was looking at and for got to add to the topic would be the losi desert truck.

as far as aftermarket parts, what would you guy say would be the best motor to upgrade to? how much trouble would it be to upgrade to aluminum parts?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Barber420

Are you talking about the WK? If you are, it's no trouble at all. Their is a fairly decent aftermarket for the WK, but the Losi's usually don't have nearly as many aftermarket parts to choose from. The WK can be pretty much totally modified to almost no stock parts, kind of likea Clodbuster. If you want the WK to be an MT and not a crawler I'd say a good 17-15 turn motor would do nicely.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:26 PM
DVST8R

i seen the prices on the WK has dropped a little. the local shop now has it for 209.99.

i found alot of alum parts for the WK, but most of it is to turn it into a crawler... anyone have any links to site with upgrades to motors and alum parts to keep it a MT?

i have seen there is not much aftermarket to the losi brand, i have seen a ton of stuff for the mini-t, but nothing else really.. so i am shying away from the losi stuff.... even tho a desert truck still seems kinda cool
Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Jarrett123

Here's a test... Buy both... then do a full speed head on collision and keep the one that breaks least. JK. Heard good about the Wk though, but since its a desguised crawler a faster motor would be good.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
DVST8R

well, good times have come... i did a timing belt on a car for a friend and got paid 250 for it... so i now have to money for a new rc... now its just figuring which one i want. i am thinking the WK. does anyone have pictures of mod'd WK's to post up?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Barber420

My buddy has one that's pretty sweet. Although, I don't have any pictures of it. He runs it as a crawler or an MT. He can turn the WK into either one in about an hour I belive. He has 4WS, lockers, the crawler conversion kit, gear reduction box, bodies, a hotter motor, and a few other things done to it. It's quite a capable truck in which ever form he's running it in. If you want pics, check out the WK threads. I think their are at least one or two on here.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:59 AM
dacaur

Here is (was) mine (now sold) STRC wheelbase extension, masher 2000 tires, axial beadlocks, homemade front axle servo mount...