Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I got a new O.S. .15 CV-RX yesterday, Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I got a new O.S. .15 CV-RX yesterday, Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 01:05 PM
kodiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a new O.S. .15 CV-RX yesterday, Help!!

Hey everyone I got a new engine for my T-Maxx yesterday, an O.S. .15 CV-RX. I had it running real rich during the first 4 tanks then I started to lean it out. The temp was under 200 during the breakin but then when I leaned it just a little bit, the temp went up significantly....over 300. I would like to know what is the ideal operating temp for that motor and where should you take the temp from? I installed one of those little electronic temp monitors yesterday so I should get a real accurate reading today. I richened it up again too.

Thanks,

Kodiak
Old 06-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Legendary

Default For most engines 300 is not good!

In most cases you should be looking for temps around 230-270! Because the engine is new you may see temps get up there if you lean it out so, you may want to run it rich for a number of tanks more! Some engines are not broke-in until they have had 10 or more tanks run through them! How does it run rich?? If it has fairly good performance I would run it like that for a bit! You also have to remember that some engines don't run right on the manuals settings! I have a .21 that the manual says it should be set at 2 1/2 turns out on the HSN and it won't run good unless it's at 4 turns out!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Rokshumani

Kodiak:

I had the exact same problem with my Tmaxx running the .15 CVRX. After I got all of the break in out of the way mine would run at 300+ with just the slightest adjustment of the high speed needle. I couldn't figure it out, and I had my LHS stumped too.
I ended up richening the low speed needle a tremendous amount, it is practically even with the side of the carb someone told me that the factory setting for an OS is 1 1/2 turns out), and I leaned the high speed out to about 2 turns this will vary for you bit this will give you some idea of what I had to do. After that I got the idle right.

You will have to mess with it, for some reason this has been the most difficult engine I have had to tune, but now that it is right it is really nice.

My truck pulls wheelies in the grass now.....I love it.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Damon
Old 06-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Legendary

Default That's the problem!

If your manual says 1.5 turns out for the LSN or something like that it is wrong! Depending on which carb you have the LSN setting should be (for the 10C) 2.5 turns in from flush with the carb body and (For the 10E-R) it should be .5 turns in from flush!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Rokshumani

I didn't get a manual with the engine, the guy that works at the hobbyshop told me that, I wasn't sure. He is the one I bought it from, never been used though. I thought that sounded kinda lean but I wasn't sure, it is close to the setting that you mentioned above....

The low speed needle is what was causing all of my troubles with how hot the motor was running. At one point I had the high speed needle over 4 turns out to try and cool the motor to no avail. Richened low end and leaned top end and everything is fine. Guess thats what happens when you take someone's word for granted as being true.

Damon
Old 06-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Legendary

Default If you don't have a manual,

Try going to the website of the engine manufacture! Most of the time they have manuals online and you can download them!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:50 AM
desygityaso

you guys keep in mind that if you tighten down those needles with any force at all you will at least mar if not goug the needles seating surfaces.

screw away fellow mad men
Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 AM
hitler75

Originally posted by desygityaso
you guys keep in mind that if you tighten down those needles with any force at all you will at least mar if not goug the needles seating surfaces.

screw away fellow mad men

I'll remember to do so tonight