Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-Maxx Input needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Mike Lang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx Input needed

Has anyone had a pleasant experience with your stock T-Maxx and stock 2.5 engine?

Aweful lot of problems out there.
I am going out right now to bvreak in my new T- Maxx-wish me luck.

ML
Old 06-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Legendary

Default What went wrong??

How much went wrong before the break-in??
Old 06-23-2003, 01:51 AM
maxxpower2

not a thing it's all in what u know and how you break in the engine,all ways run it on smoth grass or pavement,is best,try not to get it too hot on brake-in.4 rounds on hight speed,and 3/4 on low speed neddle.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:33 AM
Mike Lang

Default AOK so far

Well, I ran 6 tanks through the new T-MAXX. It was relatively uneventful, in that I mean that I followed the instructions to the T and it went well. The hardest thing was to not squeeze the trigger. I cannot believe how damn fast this thing is. The sixth tank was a blast. The only time the truck stalled is when I flipped it on its back

The thing stood up on 2 wheels, and on punched turns its on 3 wheels. I am gald and thankful I found this site.

Thank you everyone for there input, it made this time very easy, along with reading the manual 3x and watching the Dvd 2x.

Now I removed the air filter, washed the spong, dried it and soaked it with filter oil, I opened the carb and put 2 drops of after run oils in, and took off the glow plug and put a few drops off after run oil in there too, and spun the engine a few cranks.
What else shoul I look to do?
Is there a manual or anything about engine break down/take apart?

THANKS

Mike L.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Dlock

You really shouldn't have to do anything else after you run it. Just do what you did after a day of running and you should be fine. Maybe get a few extra foam filters so you have extra if you want to run all day long.

I would still take it easy on the truck till you get about 10 tanks of fuel through it. I am not saying you have to stay on pavement, but try not too run it too hard. Like going WOT for long periods of time. Your engine is still breaking is, and if you take it easy for the next few tanks you should get even better performance and a longer lasting engine.

Glad you are having fun with your new T. I got one and love it....
Old 06-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Legendary

Default As Dlock said,

Glad to see your having fun! You should take it easy for the first 10 or so tanks as hard as it is to do that!LOL I think I got to my 7th tank on my last break-in and just had to let it rip!LOL I did not go crazy but, still not what I normally do but, I normally have more then one truck to mess around with and my others were waiting on parts!