mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default which mt is better

hi i want a monster truck im looking at a t-max or savage i currently runa road car what is the best mt out of the 2 i have choosen and which is the fastest and most poerful i use it for bashing and total all out top speed????? any replys are greatly apreciated
Old 06-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

T Maxx is faster and a bit more agile. Savage is great at taking the jumps and absorbing the bumps. It all comes down to personal preference. If you do a search of the forums you will find lots of reading. This debate has been beaten like a dead horse. I have a T Maxx and love it.....
Old 06-22-2003, 10:17 AM
mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well the problem is im a total newbi to nitro really i had a kyosho sandmaster and that was crap so i got a thunder tiger ts-4n road car and this is top but im restricted on where i can drive it as it spins out or gets stuck on grass i have had a few battry power cars

but i really want a monster truck and im really not sure what to get its out of the 2 abouve as every 1 seems to be raveing about them
Old 06-22-2003, 11:08 AM
fourwheeler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like Dlock said, the T-maxx will outrun the Savage in a straight line but the Savage is also very forgiving when you jump.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default You also have to keep in mind,

The possibility's of tunning problems seeing how you are new to nitro! The T-Maxx 2.5's engine has been know to have some as far as stalling and starting problems! The Savage had problem with it's fuel tank that causes tunning issues! As Dlock said I would do a search of these forums and see what has already been said many many times over! I own 2 .21 Maxx's a Stampede and a MT Pro and I love them all!
Old 06-22-2003, 12:26 PM
neonspin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I own a savage along with a few 1/8 scale buggies. The reason I chose the savage over the t-maxx was that alot of the parts were interchangeable with my buggies and my savage. From what I've seen 1/8 scale stuff just holds up better. For about 15$ you can swap out the clutch bell and more get more top end. My savage came with a 14 tooth clutch bell but I race it on a very tight track so I dropped down to a 13 tooth so I could get better accelleration. Theres also one I think alot people don't think about when buying a new car or truck--- parts availability. Hands down theres not a r/c anything that comes close to parts availability that the T-Maxx has. I think it's safe to say that there isn't a LHS in the country that sells r/c cars that won't have parts for a T-Maxx. Good luck with the choice. Either way I don't think you can wrong.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:26 PM
mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol i know its just makeing a choice lol im not sure im starting to pull towared the sagae as its 1/8 but as every 1 is saying the t-max has the speed.

there are hop up's im guessing for the savage to speed up the savage but ill it meet the t-max with hop up's or not sorry to be a pain but tis big money im spending here as i live in the uk and all u guy's in the usa get rc nitro so much cheaper
Old 06-22-2003, 04:30 PM
monst@r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With more speed comes breakage, especially with the T-Maxx. A lot of people bash the heck out of their Savages and they rarely break. So if your more about driving your car than fixing it, go Savage.

30 MPH is fast enough for a 12 lb. monster. Most people exagerate how fast their R/C goes, and don't really know how fast 40+MPH is for a R/c car.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:16 PM
mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i know what u mean i haev a on-road car and it flys stock and i haev worked it out touches about 45mph which is good but its hard to cotrol on a bumpy surface so i know what u mean about the savage i am starting to bend towareds the savage now but im still nto sure what to do i think alot more reading

ps where can iget 1 cheap brand new im willing to inport from the usa as i live in the uk and there cheapest here is 400 which is a hell of alot
Old 06-22-2003, 10:29 PM
drksyd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Savage and like it. It takes a lot of punishment and is pretty durable. As mentioned earlier, some parts are interchangeable with the Maxx so no problem of not having parts available. I chose the Savage because I didn't want the same thing as the guy next door, across the street, down the block, etc. I wanted something different and am glad I got it.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Look at http://www.towerhobbies.com they have the savage right at 399.99 USD. As for the SAVAGE, I'm absolutley in love with mine. I fly off of my stairs in front of my house and roll her around a couple of times and still no breakage. i have a Slanted curb in front of my house I launch off of. Occasionally I'll hang a tire on the transition into my lawn and she'll go tumbling end over end for 20 feet. Still no breakage. I'm itching to break it so I can buy upgrades. Believe me, I can do some damage to some stuff and yet i haven't even scratched the damn wheels on my savage. I also have a fill dirt pit close to my home I bash at about every other day, Launches off of 15 foot drop offs and STILL NO DAMAGE.

BTW the savage doesn't top out right at 30 MPH. Every engine is different and you can expect to get some better performance out of others. My savage wasn't that much faster with my hyper 8 port on there then it is now that I'm trying to run the crap out of my stock .21BB. If any body saw my poll, who ever voted under five lost, don't think she's gonna make ten tanks though. I'm on six(was running on grass and pavement today though).
Old 06-23-2003, 06:28 AM
mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i think its going to be a savage then guys u have got my lol i have been reading up and i do like it and i am attracted to the 1/8 and the bb engin im just worried about some tuening issues has any 1 had any realy biog issues co i just liek to turn up and drive then mantain which u need to do with any nitro i dose sound very strong aswell thanks for all the replies guys thank you
Old 06-23-2003, 08:01 AM
drksyd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's fairly easy to tune and this engine can go on and on. I used to go 3 to 4 tanks straight.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:29 AM
mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what do u mean this engin can go on and on ??????
Old 06-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Alteramod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My guess is either holds its tune right or just dont overheat alot after so many tanks.