T MAXX OWNER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I Hate My T Maxx.so Many Problems..help Please

I HAVE THE T- MAXX 2.5 FOR 2 MONTHS NOW .....FROM JUMP IT ACTED FUNNY ... BUT I GOT USE TO IT...SOON AFTER 1 GAL AND A HALF OF TOP FUEL IT STARTED STALLING , NOT STARTING ,,FLOODING AND SIMPLY RUNNING LIKE CRAP..I WENT TO THE SHOP WHERE I BOUGHT IT AND THEY CAME UP WITH A BOGUS SOLUTION (CHANGE THE PISTON AND SLEAVE) SO I DID. NOW ALL THE WORK HAS BEEN DONE. STILL IT DOESNT RUN RIGHT.. EVERYTIME I HIT MY BREAKS IT STALLS ..I SEEN IN THE OTHER THREADS TO ADJUST THE IDLE...SO I DID AND THERES NO CHAGE. I TRIED TO ADJUST THE SERVOS STILL NO CHANGE I CAN GET IT TO RUN HALF WAY DECENT BUT EVEYTIME THE BREAKS ARE APPLIED IT SHUTS DOWNNN...PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS....THANKS
Old 06-22-2003, 09:49 PM
POJack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

get a different engine. I really think the 2.5 is crap.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:12 PM
rfoot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You know, I keep hearing about peoples problems with the new 2.5 but the one I have has been no problem at all. I think a lot of the problems people have are with the basic tuning. Even Traxxas says that this engine is tuned a little different than others. This really is a high performance engine and needs to be treated as such. I wind up adjusting mine all the time throughout a days run but doesn't everyone. All I can really say is that my 2.5 is a real screamer.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:48 AM
maxxpower2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Set the low speed neddle valv on the end of the slide throttle,too 3/4 a turn out from closed.that should do it,and set hight speed neddle too,3-1/4 to 4 turn out from closed and see what happens.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:23 AM
monst@r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Seal the engine, make sure your running a hot plug, check the engine bolts ..
Old 06-23-2003, 05:19 AM
desygityaso

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you are runnig to rich on the low speed needle, when your rpms drop( like braking) the plug gets cold and shuts off. lean it out on the low speed needle and idler her up a bit if you have to with the idle stop screw(not high or low screw). if this fails take the motor clean it up with 2 parts water and 1 part instant nitro motor restore and gently shove up the a--hole who say you,"You just have to tune it right" < dumb a--es. good luck fellow rcer
Old 06-24-2003, 01:22 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

alright lets not let this get into another discussion of the 2.5 being a crap engine or not. The man obviously has a problem with this engine and has done some research on the subject. He's at his end and is obviously desperate for help if he posted another 2.5 question amongst the 100's already out there. How about we help him instead of telling him to get another engine. If you don't have a 2.5 you shouldn't say anything (not saying any of you have already done this i don't know what you guys own).

T-Maxx owner,
I've had probs. with mine as well. I can only offer the same advice of tuning your LSN a little leaner and adjusting the idle up a little. You may also want to reset to factory and completley retune. BTW if you go this route, make very VERY small adjustments to the needles and always set the high speed first. To set my idle I usually get it tuned first then put my truck up on blocks or a stand and set my trim on the radio for idle. Then I adjust the idle screw to where it just barley brings up the RPM's. You can then adjust your radio trim to nuetral and adjust the idle. You should be able to adjust the idle this way. The only problem you'd have is if it keeps dying on you. Then you know your not tuned right on the LSN. Probably to rich if it keeps dying.

Sorry for the length.... LOL I tell my wife that all the time.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:34 PM
luv2sk8te17
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

dump it & get a savage........u shuldve in the 1st place.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Schuby1982
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had problems with my T-mAxx so I went right to traxxas which makes since since they made it. They helped me out and replaced the broken parts. Contact them.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:12 PM
diink
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A buddy of mine rebuilt his 2.5 and cut the break-in time short and had nothing but problems.
He rebuilt it again with another piston and sleeve and followed the break-in process to the letter and it purr's like big kitten now.
He's pullin' wheelies without any problems now.
My 2.5 has demanded alot of fine tuning but if you take your time and make very slight adjustments you can dial it in to perfection.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

AMEN DIINK!! Finally another advocate of the TRX 2.5. Like I've said a million times before and what diink said, take your time. Very small adjustments.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:05 AM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been praising my 2.5 since the day I got it. Well except when I thought it was going to crap, but it just turned out to be an air leak, jumped the gun on that one hehe . My theory is that you only hear the bad things people are posting about the 2.5, because the rest of the folks that have it figured out are out having fun .......
Old 06-26-2003, 01:36 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love my 2.5......you just need to learn how to tune yours! What it is, people screw up during the break-in process, and are running all their needles totally wrong, and they end up leaning out the motor too much.....that is THE ONLY REASON I can think that you would need to replace a piston/sleeve on a new motor. Either your oil content in the fuel is too low, or you're running too lean!