lamp3y3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sirio .18 tuned Pipe sucks

If you have the Sirio tuned pipe on your .18 Sirio I want to know how it works for you- tia.

I am very dissapointed in the Siro pipe that is supposed to be a match for the .18 Sirio motor. I get the same results with it as I did with the crappy dual exhaust that you see everywhere on Ebay.

The motor peaks out way to early in the upper range and you only need to give a slight squeeze on the throttle to hit that range. If you ease into the throttle briskly more than half way to full throttle the motor cuts out bad! This is what those duals did. The back pressure isnt right and the pipe is too big for the small motor. I put the stock back on (which i bored out with a 1/4" drill bit) and it has lots of torque and very smooth RPM throughout the power band. Im going to sell this crappy Sirio pipe.

I did adjust on the engine from way rich to a little lean with the same result the engine will cut out bad in higher range.

IMO the bored stock pipe is very very good in performance and the sirio pipe would probably work well on a .21. It seems about the same size as a .21 pipe anyway. It sure as hell doesnt work well with the .18 motor. In fact from what I experienced it will damage or lower the life of your motor.

If you bore out the stock pipe you will be very very happy. I was!
Old 06-23-2003, 04:40 AM
POJack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It can't be that bad...I've read countless posts on this engine/pipe combo and I can honestly say this is the first bad thing that i've heard about this combo. Did you retune the engine for the pipe?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:29 AM
new72Savage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah i would focus on tuning. i know when i switched pipes it was a bear to get the carb in tune. Eventually after i had run it a while with it one there i finally hit the right spot. wasn almost like when u break it in, took awhile for system to mesh together to run at peak. Just stick with tuning, i must oh went back to factory specks and started over a dozen times.

also, i dont know anything bout sirio pipe, but if it is a regulated pipe (like the cvec) u have to set the low speed first then the high speed, opposite of norm.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:44 PM
lamp3y3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well as I said I tried adjusting on the needles a lot and still no luck. The pipe is lousy. Its not even dual chambered. if anyone wants to buy it I may try sell it fairly cheap here first then Ebay.

I will buy an aluminum pipe for the 2.5 and just bore it out or maybe i cant do that not sure
Old 04-29-2004, 06:30 AM
matty577

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sirio .18 tuned Pipe sucks

I am having the same problem i runn it at normal speed and it is fine when i go to crack the throttle the motor just dies. I am also running traxxas fuel, would that be a problem also ??? please help me

Matt
Old 04-29-2004, 01:48 PM
WonderWheels

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not sure. It may be your tuning. Sometimes the pixies fiddle with the carb.lol
Old 04-30-2004, 12:34 AM
mike403

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

tuning is the prob or try a different glow plug like maybe a hotter plug. it probably needs more fuel but the plug can't handle it
Old 05-04-2004, 07:31 PM
matty577

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my pipe works okay it is just a pain in the as s to keep the motor tuned. I am still trying to get mine to shift into second gear. but it is pretty quick in first.