new72Savage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Fun on the beach

drove out to san diego this weekend to see my younger sister graduate high school. Couldnt resist dragging the old savage along for the ride, even though it was disassembled waiting on a new one way bearing for the pull start. i tossed it back together the night before (luckily the one way bearing had just enough life to get me through (10:1 pulling))

It was definitely a riot driving it on the sand. Kids (hopefully)abandoned sand castles made excellent make-shift jumps :devious: And the wonderful thing about the ocean, is you couldnt even hear it once it was 10 ft away (no noise complaints). Needless to say it caught the attention of all the dads on the beach with their kids :surprised

one thing is for sure i would need more horsies it i was doing that daily. The loose sand robbed a lot of power. The on the wave line she dug-in and opened up. The stock tires did surprisingly well in the sand. I think it ws because the sand was pretty damp as opposed to dry desert sand dune type sand.

The down side, i had one hell of a time getting the carb dialed in going from dry AZ to humid sea level sand diego. But it was a learning experience. I have now compeletely diaassembled, cleaned and WD40 the whole truck to rid my self of that destructive sand. Oh, well i guess i just chalk that up to another learning expeince

Bottom line... if u ever travel to the shore, be sure to take ur MT :sunsmiley ... however, be ready for a serious maintenance session afterwards